Google Search Results

Monday, February 13, 2012

Healthy Choice Four Cheese Tortellini Review

Yesterday, for breakfast, I had coffee and half a trail mix bagel with light cream cheese topped with Nice Raisin, Nut, and Seed Trail Mix and drizzled with light pancake syrup. After having this the day before as a snack and because it was such a good combo, I had to have another one today.

I took things a little easier yesterday, having slightly overdone it the day before. I don't think my back is completely healed. I still did enough to keep things caught up, but I am feeling it more today.

I put together lunch using some leftover brown rice and canned diced tomatoes. I combined the two with some black beans, diced pepper & onion, cumin, garlic powder, Mexican oregano, salt, and a Mexican cheese blend.

I chose not to make this a spicy dish, which I normally would have. It was really good and would have been even better with cornbread or wrapped in a tortilla.

Between lunch & dinner, I snacked on a pack of Peanut Butter & Honey Captain's Wafers. They were also pretty good. Not quite as sweet as I thought they would be, which was good. The saltiness of the crackers was perfect with the slightly sweetened peanut butter filling.

For dinner I tried Healthy Choice Four Cheese Tortellini with green beans.

HEALTHY CHOICE    
Complete Meals - Four Cheese Tortellini

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 meal (340g)
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 300
Calories from Fat 50

    % Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g    9%
     Saturated Fat 3g    15%
     Trans Fat 0g   
     Polyunsaturated Fat 1g   
     Monounsaturated Fat 2g   
Cholesterol 20mg    7%
Sodium 560mg    23%
Potassium 760mg    22%
Total Carbohydrate 46g    15%
     Dietary Fiber 9g    36%
     Sugars 9g   
Protein 15g   
Vitamin A 15%     Vitamin C 10%
Calcium 40%     Iron 10%
Vitamin E 10%     Folic Acid 10%
Phosphorus 35%     Magnesium 20%
Zinc 15%     Selenium 45%
Copper 15%     Manganese 50%
Diet Exchanges Per Serving**:
Lean Meat (1)     Starch (2.5)
Vegetable (1)     Fat (.5)
Contains: egg, milk, wheat, soy
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus™ Value*** : 7

*** The PointsPlus™ value for this product was calculated by ConAgra Foods, and is provided for informational purposes only. This is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval of this product or its manufacturer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the Weight Watchers® and PointsPlus™ trademarks.
Show Additional Disclaimers > UPC: 5010021028

It wasn't great, but not too bad. The tortellini was pretty cheesy, it was just lacking something. I think the sauce was a little bland. I added a pinch of salt to the beans, because there didn't seem to be any seasoning on them. I cooked the dinner in the microwave, according to directions, but I think the tortellini could have used another minute.

I didn't mind that the beans were a little underdone. I like my veggies crisp tender. Although this wasn't the worst thing, I've ever eaten, I'm pretty sure, I've had better, so I'm only going to give this 3 stars.

After dinner I had a Reeses Peanut Butter Egg, which I really didn't need.

One thing lead to another after eating the candy. I could have eaten more candy, but I opted for fruit instead. I had half a Pink Lady Apple.

Unfortunately it didn't stop there. I still wasn't satisfied by either of my previous snacks, so I had a few Herr's Hot Sauce Texas Pete Potato Chips. I wasn't in the mood for these either. I didn't eat them all and I decided not to try anything else. I had a big glass of water and it wasn't long until I went to bed.

I really hate when food doesn't satisfy my craving and I continue to eat, never really feeling satisfied.

I'm still behind and I probably won't get the Sunday dinner pics up until tomorrow night. Hopefully I will get caught up sometime this week. I'm still not feeling terribly motivated. I'll just keep plugging along in the mean time. Rest assured, I will get to it eventually. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment