Google Search Results

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Caffeine Withdrawal

This morning when I got up, I felt pretty good. I thought I'd gotten a pretty good sleep. I did some baby proofing as usual, before the girls got here. I fixed breakfast and got in as much cleaning as possible. 

I had a fruit & yogurt cereal bowl, with a mixture of life cereal, Cheerios, & bran flakes, Dannon vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, half a pink lady apple chopped, and some warm peanut butter drizzled over it all, for my breakfast.
I did pretty good getting my cleaning done. I managed to get my kitchen and living room mopped before the girls arrived. They actually got here just as I was finishing up. They were drawn to my nice clean kitchen floor. Both of them wanted to play in the kitchen floor. Lexi took my yoga mat and her yoga book into the kitchen to do her poses. Mary wanted to lay in the floor and scoot around on her back.

Lexi wanted to take pictures of her lunch apparently. She had gotten my camera at some point and taken lots of photos including this one of her chicken nuggets.

I had a can of Amy's Fire Roasted Southwestern Vegetable Soup . It was pretty good. I was really in the mood for soup. I had a few saltine crackers with my soup.

Lexi wasn't impressed. It doesn't look that great, but it does taste pretty good. She wouldn't eat it even if it looked good. It's a bit spicy for her.
When Lindsay came to get them. I dosed them up with dark chocolate and sent the home. Two days of no coffee brought on a headache. I applied an ibuprofen and a slice of apple cake. The cake would have been much better with coffee. I could have made decaf, but I just wasn't feeling up to it. My system must be pretty slow, for it to take two days for the caffeine withdrawal to kick in. It always works that way for me or is that how it is for everyone?
The cake didn't seem to help and the ibuprofen took forever to kick in; when if finally did, I got so sleepy, I could hardly keep my eyes open.

We ran out to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I would rather have stayed home and took a nap, but it was late. I got some Mexican blend cheese at the store for another leftover makeover. I had more elaborate plans for dinner, but wasn't really feeling up to it. I used some of the leftover meatless loaf to make a burrito. I cooked onion, mushrooms, and peppers, added salt, cumin, Mexican oregano, garlic, chili powder, and paprika. I planned to have some mashed sweet potato with it, but I decided to skip that part. Instead I just threw everything together and cooked it in the microwave. I spread the mixture onto a warm flour tortilla.

I topped it with a handful of the shredded cheese.

Then I rolled it into a burrito and drizzled it with taco sauce. It wasn't quite as good as the vegetarian shepherds pie. I think it needed the sweet potatoes.
The sleepies past, but now they are back. I wasn't sure I'd get this done tonight. I'd considered waiting until morning, but wasn't looking forward to getting up early. Now that it's done, I'm heading for bed. I felt as though, I'd slept pretty good last night, but I think I need another good night's sleep.  Well, I am off to bed. I am super sleepy. Have a good night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment