Google Search Results

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fusia Asian Inspiration Udon Soup Bowl Review

This morning I had a Blueberry Banana Smoothie for breakfast using fresh blueberries and Chobani vanilla yogurt. I did add a teaspoon of instant vanilla pudding mix to my smoothie because I'm trying to use up an opened package and since my banana wasn't frozen the pudding also helps to thicken the smoothie. I didn't think of it before but adding a tsp. of the pudding mix to my Banana Pudding Smoothie would also be pretty good. I would suggest using a less sweet Greek yogurt or even plain depending on your preference for sweetness.

My back was a slightly better today, though it's still giving me problems. It helps to sit up very straight, but this evening even that's not helpful. I didn't do a lot around the house today, but sitting is only temporary when even that causes pain.

For lunch I had the last Veggie Patch Chick'n Cutlet. I also had the last of the pasta with Ragu sauce along with a side salad.

The salad was bagged iceberg salad, a sprig or two of broccoli, sliced carrot, some green onion, & a baby portabella sliced with light ranch dressing.

My dessert was a small cup of pina colada jello.

I had a little bowl of popcorn an hour or so before dinner.

For dinner I tried Fusia Asian Inspirations Udon Soup Bowl.

I bought this a Aldi. It is not refrigerated or frozen. This is the contents of the package. You get a plastic bowl, a spork, 1 vacuumed package of udon noodles, 1 flavor pack, and 1 package of dried veggies.

This is what's inside the silver package of dried veggies. It looks freeze dried and reminds me of astronaut food.
The package directions call for an additional 1 1/8 c. of water. Everything is combined in the bowl and heated in the microwave for 2 minutes, which was sufficient. Once cooked the soup looked pretty good. I also cooked a frozen veggie egg roll in the toaster oven to go with my soup.

I thought maybe the little white squares were tofu, but after reading the ingredient list, I've come to the conclusion that they are the mushrooms which don't look anything like the package photo and there is nothing in the soup that otherwise resembles mushrooms. The broth or flavor package is mainly just soy sauce with out much other flavor. The red pepper listed in the ingredients is not at all spicy. I did like the soup, but the broth was nothing special. There's no doubt that I could make this myself. I think if I do buy it again I will probably tweak the broth and add some real mushrooms. I'm only giving this 3 stars.

After dinner I had the last package of my Hershey's White Hot Chocolate with the Jet Puffed Peppermint Mallow Bits. I used milk instead of the water it calls for on the package directions. When diluting it as I do, the milk is better.

Now I am ready to lie down, so I'm outta here. My back is killing me and it's late. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment