Google Search Results

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Monday's Come Early

Morning came early today and bedtime is going to be late. Monday's always come early, right? I normally get up around 7:30am when I have to keep the girls early, but I decided to sleep until 8am and even that seemed way too early today. I went with the most simple breakfast possible that would include coffee. I knew I would definitely need coffee. I still just had half caff. coffee (2 cups) and I chose a store bought cinnamon roll to go with my coffee. We bought a box of 6 from Aldi. We've been getting these for years. They are quite good, even though they seem smaller than when we first started buying them. I had one and the girls split one. Mary also had cheese grits and Lexi had a bowl of Life cereal, she also finished off Mary's grits.

The girls were undoubtedly feeling as tired as I was this morning, both were moving kind of slow compared to usual. We watched Tangled and a cartoon version of Puss in Boots. After watching some tv, Mary took a nap.

I took the opportunity to fix myself some lunch and Lexi decided to have some as well. I had a Lean Cuisine Sante Fe Style Rice & Beans and Lexi had macaroni and cheese.

I mixed up my rice and beans once it was done. I added taco seasoning to it as well as some shredded Mexican blend cheese.

I had some Clancy's Tortilla Chips and used them for dipping my rice & beans. No these aren't quite as good as Dorito's, but they aren't bad and they served the purpose.

After lunch Mary was still sleeping away, so Lexi & I did crafts.

One of these things is not like the others,  
One of these things just doesn't belong,  
Can you tell which thing is not like the others  
By the time I finish my song?

 This is the crafts that Lexi and I worked on today. We didn't quite get finish, but this is what we have so far. In case you can't tell by now, we decided to make Sesame Street character puppets. So far we have Oscar, Grover, and, of course Elmo. We are planning to make two of each, so both girls have a set. We ran out of time to work on our puppets. We also ran out of popsicle sticks.

Mary woke up right before Lindsay came to pick up the girls. She had mac & cheese before leaving & both girls had there usual piece of dark chocolate. They are still working on valentine candy.

After the girls left, I had half a cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter and topped with some of TFM's Men's Omega3 Energy Mix.

I was glad I had the half bagel. Dinner was late. It took a while to make. I made vegetable soup with a potato, a can of diced tomatoes, a carrot, a stalk of celery, half a can of pinto beans, some diced green pepper, frozen peas, frozen corn, water, onion powder (out of onion), garlic powder, basil, bay leaf, parsley, and vegetable sea salt.

The potatoes cooked up fairly quick, but the carrots took a while. It was worth the wait. I had 2 bowls and a few saltines on the side. The best soup is homemade soup.

Well, it's later than usual, so I'd better cut this short and get to bed. Caffeine is sure doing it's job. Have a great night/day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment