Google Search Results

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Michelina's Lean Gourmet Southwestern Fresca Review

This morning I didn't keep the girls. I'm still having back trouble. I slept in. When I got up I made myself a fruit & yogurt cereal bowl.

I used Life cereal, Cheerios and Bran Flakes, part Dannon and part Chobani vanilla yogurt, chopped walnuts, pink lady apple, and dried blueberries.

For lunch I tried Michelina's Lean Gourmet Southwestern Fresca dinner. It's whole wheat penne pasta with corn, red & black beans, broccoli florets, bell peppers, carrots, red onions, and jalapenos in a creamy Southwestern style sauce.

Nutrition Facts
Michelina's Lean Gourmet All Natural - Southwestern Fresca Steamer Bowl
Servings: 1 Package

Calories     290     Sodium     690 mg
Total Fat     9 g     Potassium     0 mg
Saturated     4 g     Total Carbs     48 g
Polyunsaturated     0 g     Dietary Fiber     10 g
Monounsaturated     0 g     Sugars     6 g
Trans     0 g     Protein     10 g
Cholesterol     20 mg          
Vitamin A     50%     Calcium     8%
Vitamin C     50%     Iron     15%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
That was the description, now for the low down. I was pretty sure I would like this since I like all the veggies in this one, but the deal breaker was the sauce, which was not at all like a sauce to me. It reminded me of a slightly spicy thousand island dressing, not at all what I was expecting. I've never tasted a southwestern style dish quite like it. It was edible, but not very enjoyable. I think if they had used a sour cream instead of what tasted like mayo and vinegar, it might have been better, as is, this dinner only gets 2 stars from me. Maybe I can make this myself using the same veggies and pasta, but with a different sauce, hopefully better.

I had another pina colada jello after lunch. I divided it up in the little cups I'd saved from individual applesauce, the perfect size for a serving of jello, also great for pudding. I can cover them with foil or plastic wrap or just place them inside a plastic container. Very convenient.

We went to the grocery store this evening and picked up lots of goodies. Dinner was just a frozen pizza. Dinner was already running late and I'd done all the standing my back could take. I had two slices of cheese pizza. It was really good with lots of sauce. 

Now, it's late and I'm tire, so I'm off to bed. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment