Google Search Results

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lipton Superfruit White Mangosteen & Peach Green Tea Review

Ahhh, it's Thursday or at least it was when these photos where taken. I love my grand babies, but I was ready for a day to relax a little and do what I needed to do. I've had back problems lately and so far it hasn't gotten any better. I didn't even bother going to Zumba.

I got up and fixed myself a bowl of cereal with milk and the last of the strawberries. I don't usually have milk with cereal, but I was out of yogurt and I do like frosted mini wheat with milk; just a little milk. These were actually Food Lion brand. I personally like Aldi's version, but these were better than the Walmart brand. Aldi's version of frosted mini wheats are more like the real thing. These sort of look like Triscuits as do the Walmart brand and they are smaller. I give these 3 stars.

I also tried a new flavor of Lipton's Superfruit Green Tea. I got the White Mangosteen & Peach which isn't decaffeinated, but green tea has a lot less caffeine than coffee or even regular tea. It's great when I decide to take a break from coffee.  

Nutrition Facts:
Serving Size: 1 tea bag (1.3g)
       
Amount Per Serving        
Calories 0     % Daily Value*    
Total Fat 0g     0%    
Sodium 0mg     0%    
Potassium 12mg     0%    
Total Carbohydrate 0g     0%    
Protein 0g        
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
22mg caffeine per serving.

The tea smelled really good while it was steeping, but there wasn't as much flavor as I was expecting or hoping for. If it had tasted as good as it smelled, it would have been great. It didn't taste bad, there just wasn't much flavor there. I normally don't add a lot of honey to my tea, but I added a little extra to this, to see if I could coax up some flavor, but there wasn't a lot to be had. This is another one that just gets 3 stars and I had such high hopes for this one, but at least it's good enough that it won't go to waste.

Lots of new things to try on this day. I can add a star fruit to the list. Lucas and I bought one to try. I had it with 2 vegetable egg rolls and some brown rice for lunch. The texture of the fruit reminded me of a plum. It had a slightly tart taste, but not a lot of flavor. It wasn't bad. I will probably try another one later, just to see if maybe this one wasn't as good as most. There were 4 stars on my plate, but I'm only giving them 3. Looks like a 3 star day. Fortunately the rest of lunch was 4 stars all the way.

After lunch I had another Russell Stover Coconut Cream, also melted.

Later I had a bag of Lay's barbecue chips. I've been craving salty things lately.

Lucas made Walmart brand ravioli with Sundried Tomato Alfredo Sauce. There was mostly ravioli, but they were very good, not that pasty filling you get sometimes in frozen ravioli. I definitely like the Walmart brand. I've gotten it before, but not sure I've rated it. I'll check it out and if not, I'll do a post on it later. Right now it's late and I've had such a time with this post, I'm ready to put it and myself to bed.
I think after dinner was when we watched a movie. We watched The Mechanic with Jason Statham and Ben Foster. To start with it wasn't the kind of movie I usually watch. It was a bit gore-y for me, with pointless violence. I spent most of the time looking away, so I'm probably not the person who should actually be rating it, but in my opinion, it only gets one star, not worthy of a picture. Here's the trailer in case you're interested.



Now I'm off to bed and closer to being caught up finally. Have a great night/day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:13 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete