Google Search Results

Friday, February 17, 2012

Lean Cuisine Mushroom Tortelloni Review

This post is for Wednesday. I had another day with my girls on Wednesday. This day didn't start very early, which I like. Early mornings and late nights together, do not make me happy.

Yogurt makes me happy, oranges make me happy, no sleep does not make me happy. After having a juicy navel orange and vanilla yogurt over Cheerios, Life Cereal, & Bran flakes, I was pretty happy.

For lunch I had Lean Cuisine Mushroom Tortelloni. I've always called it tortellini, but the bag says, tortelloni. I've eaten this a few times before, but I have not done a review on it.

Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 (10.0 ounces)
Servings Per Package: 1

Amount Per Serving:
 Calories 280
Calories From Fat 60

%Daily Value*
Total Fat (g)     7     10 %         Cholesterol (mg)     30     10 %
 Saturated Fat (g)     2     0         Sodium (mg)     690     29 %
 Trans Fat (g)     0             Potassium (mg)     580     17 %
 Polyunsaturated Fat (g)     1             Total Carbohydrate (g)     43     14 %
 Monounsaturated Fat (g)     1             Dietary Fiber (g)     5     20 %
 Protein (g)     15             Sugars (g)     7    

Diet Exchanges 1 Lean Meat,1 1/2 Starch,2 Vegetable,1/2 skim milk,1/2 Fat

*
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

    Calories:                            2,000        2,500
Total Fat     Less Than            65g          80g
Sat Fat     Less Than                20g         25g
Cholesterol     Less Than     300mg     300mg
Sodium     Less Than         2,400mg     2,400mg
Potassium     Less Than     3,500mg     3,500mg
Total Carbohydrate                300g          375g
Dietary Fiber                              25g         30g

Vegetable Servings** 2
**The USDA Food Guide Pyramid suggest 3-5 one-half cup servings of vegtables a day.
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus™ *** 7
***Not endorsed by Weight Watchers®. PointsPlus™ calculated by NestlĂ©.
 
It's alright, but it's not my favorite. I'm not sure why it's not my favorite, but it's not. The pasta was a bit tough even though I cooked it about a minute longer than the directions call for and the sauce was oozing out of the stream vent, which made a mess in my microwave. It has mushroom and cheese filled tortellini with snap peas, sundried tomatoes, and red peppers in a creamy mushroom sauce. The sauce is not great, it's sort of bland. The sundried tomatoes are a little bitter. It's edible, but regrettable. I generously give it 3 stars.

The girls got here just as I was finishing up my lunch. Lexi had already eaten, but Mary had taken a nap through lunch. She had a little mac & cheese, but wasn't especially hungry for some reason.

Lexi and I usually do crafts while Mary is napping, since we use scissors and glue sometimes. We always include Mary in sticker fun, coloring and drawing. One of our recent crafts was a couple of Pot Pals, made using tiny flower pots. They are little kits that come with everything to make them except the tacky glue, which we didn't have, so these took a bit longer than usual, since we were working with plain old school glue. We finished them, but had never gotten around to taking a photo. The one on the left is our little camper pal with his backpack and bed roll. The other is our dragonfly pal with a long body and white wings. The dragonfly is my favorite. It didn't have directions like the camper did and the picture wasn't great to go by, so we made it our own. I really liked the colors. We also used a little double-sided tape where the glue wasn't holding. They turned out pretty good.

Lexi and I also had white hot chocolate with mini peppermint marshmallows and they both got a couple more dark chocolate hearts for the road, as they were leaving.

My small lunch made for an early dinner/snack. I had a cucumber sandwich made with white bread, butter, garlic, salt, & pepper.

Later I had a cheese pita, one piece of pita bread sprinkled with Mexican blend cheese and toasted a bit in my toaster oven.

I also snacked on some trail mix before going bed. I've got to stop the late night snacking. I didn't used to do this. I blame it on lack of sleep and the need for carbs and the endless snacking to stay awake. I also threw in a few chopped dates.

Now I've finish my second post of the day. I'm off to bed and I hope to get some more reading in tomorrow. I haven't gotten to do much, the last couple of days. It relaxes me. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment