Google Search Results

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Progresso Homestyle Minestrone Review

This morning was a rushed morning. I wasn't very rested. I'd taken a Melatonin, but still couldn't sleep very well. After several hours of tossing and turning, I was finally able to get to sleep, but unfortunately, it wasn't long until time to get up. I gave myself an hour and half to get ready, but I needed 2. I had dogs to deal with, coffee to make, and a shower to take, not to mention several other things. I got my coffee and a cinnamon roll to go. I didn't take time for them until I got to Lindsay's.

Today we had a whiny baby. Mary was not a happy camper for some reason. I think she just wasn't feeling well, but we aren't sure why. Nothing was obviously wrong. Luckily Lexi was very good and was hardly any trouble. By the time I left, Mary seemed to be feeling a little better. She'd gotten in a couple of good naps, some Motrin, and a bath.

I had soup for lunch, Progresso's High Fiber Homestyle Minestrone.

I am very impressed with Progresso so far. I do wish they offered more vegetarian options, but at least the ones they offer are pretty good. It had a really good flavor and didn't have any Zucchini. I was surprised. It seems like 3/4 of all vegetarian products contain Zucchini. I know there are a lot of people who love zucchini, but I'm sorry to say, I am not one of them. This soup does have spinach, pasta, carrots, celery, garbanzo beans, & kidney beans though, which I like. Oh, and there is also some potato. I may have missed something, but that's most of it. I ate the whole can and enjoyed it. I'm giving this one 4 stars. It's very good, but I still think my minestrone is better.

I had a couple of wheat crackers with peanut butter after I had my soup. I had one more a little later.

I also munched on a handful of pretzel M&M's when I got home before heating some of the leftover egg noodles and mixed veggies.

I watched Rango for the heck of it, after dinner. There was nothing else on tv and I also ate the last of the Doritos while I uploaded photos and watched the movie. The movie was pretty good. It's animated of course and the main character is played by Johnny Depp, who's voice is quite different at times. For an animated film is was pretty good. I probably wouldn't have wanted my kids to see it, but then I didn't want them to see Shrek either. It really wasn't that bad. No bad words, just a suggestion here or there and you might not want your kids going around saying "Son of a", even though the last part was never actually said. I'm still giving it 4 stars.

Now I'm off to bed with no time for reading unfortunately. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment