Google Search Results

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Over Indulging

Strawberry Apple Smoothie breakfast. Smoothies are the best breakfast I've ever had. I was never a "breakfast person". I guess because breakfast is mostly about meat & eggs, neither of which I am fond of, although I will eat eggs, they aren't usually first choice.


I used some of the leftover granny smith apple. There were flecks of green in this one from the peel. I don't peel the apples, that's the best part, of course you can, if you don't like little bits in your smoothie; I don't mind. 
 Lunch was half a stuffed bell pepper, with salad.
The salad was spinach, iceberg, corn, black beans, salsa, & light ranch dressing.
I had chocolate cake for dessert, too close to lunch. I was slightly miserable afterwards, but it was good going down. 

We went on a water run this afternoon. No actual running involved, although there probably should have been, since I've been indulging in chocolate cake lately and over eating too often. Along with my water, I picked up a bag of pretzels. I've been wanting something salty to snack on. I should have gotten a pack of gum, but unfortunately it never crossed my mind. Once I got home I had some water and a few pretzels.
 I went down to the garden after my snack and did some long overdue weeding. The crab grass is starting to take over. I now have a few tiny tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. It won't be long until I'll be eating garden fresh veggies. I can't wait.

I had some MorningStar Farms Three Bean Chili w/ Griller's Crumbles. I started to eat half of it with a few hushpuppies, I waited about 20 minutes and decided to eat the rest plus 3 more hushpuppies; bad idea. I've been miserable again ever since. The chili wasn't bad, it wasn't the best either, but the hushpuppies were great, just what the chili needed. There was not many crumbles in it. It wasn't spicy hot, but it was spicy, hence my heartburn. I added the corn, some I had left from lunch.

 Two Rolaids later. I am almost comfortable again. I think I will work on not overeating. I have tendencies were I try not to waste food and instead of eating just a little more, if there isn't much left, I feel the need to finish it off. I'm also going to cut back on the sweets. It will just be up to everyone else to eat them. I've also been analyzing what I've been eating and I've been eating too much grains and not enough of everything else. Note to self....get more gum!

No comments:

Post a Comment