Google Search Results

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Out In The Garden

I've got another smoothie for ya. This is a fried apple smoothie, a little simpler than the apple crisp smoothie. It's made with canned fried apples or I you could fry your own, but canned is easier. It's also extra cinnamon-y and it's a smoother smoothie than one made with fresh apple.
 
 

What's in the glass
Luck's Canned Fried Apples
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Cinnamon
Vanilla Extract
Ice Cubes

It's cool, creamy and cinnamon-y delicious.

For lunch I had the rest of my leftover spinach feta salad. I added iceberg lettuce to make it a meal and a piece of broccoli cornbread. The sweetness of the cornbread goes really well with this salad. You can't see the other goodies, which kind of made it to the bottom, but there's also red onion, croutons, and imitation bacon bits.


I had a little of the chocolate delight for dessert. I was in the mood for chocolate today and this really hit the spot. It was nice having a cool meal and a cool dessert. I was a warm day, but better than the day before, not quite as humid and no evening thunderstorms.


I had dinner early. I've found that getting up earlier, I eat earlier and I can get my dinner plate photo with more natural light. I have terrible lighting in the kitchen. Windows are my friend, lol, and there isn't one in my kitchen.

I had my leftover pinto beans with Cajun Hickory Grill seasoning and wild rice with carrots & broccoli. There was also a little extra broccoli added to the rice.

We went down to the garden after dinner. I found a few veggies nearly ready for picking. I got a couple of white cucumbers that were not very big but ready for picking.

It won't be long until this green one will be ready.

I left this little sweet banana pepper too. I'm hoping it'll get just a little bigger. The dirt was still damp, but not muddy from the rain, perfect for weeding. The weeds pull right up out of the dirt, roots and all. So we did some weeding while we were there. I should have plenty of strawberries next year. The strawberry plants are spreading and starting to put on a second round of strawberries.
When we came in I finished off a piece of granny smith apple, I'd had in the fridge. I spread on a little peanut butter and drizzled it with honey. It was messy, but good.
I am sort of disappointed this week, because we won't be having Zumba class. The instructor was able to be there and couldn't find a replacement, but I am looking forward to next week. I have still been working with my weights, doing upper body exercises. I've slacked on the yoga before bed the last couple of nights. I've been reading an ebook, called Before I Sleep, by S.J. Watson. It's a mystery and so far it's pretty good. I also have guided meditation on my ipod, but I have a hard time lying still. I feel the need to move my hands or feet, but not as badly as when I first started. I think I would do better doing it during the day. Well, that's it, I guess. Happy Tuesday! 

Leave a comment. Let me know how you relax or do you?



No comments:

Post a Comment