Google Search Results

Monday, June 20, 2011

Silently Celebrating Fathers Day

This morning I was anxious to get up. Last night was Lucas first night at his new job. He got home about the time I got up. I was anxious to hear about it. He is moving shelves at Walmart. They are moving the over about a foot. So they have to take everything off the bottom, crank the wheel down and move them over. He also said it's not as easy as it sounds, because they are heavy. He was tire, but seemed to like the job alright.
 
Yesterday was Father's day, I nearly forgot, were it not for all the well wishers on facebook. DH was up and out the door before my eyes opened. He's always been an early riser. Father's day was celebrated silently with a manly meal at Mom & Lynda's.

I got up as usual and had my morning smoothie, another banana pudding smoothie, complete with vanilla wafer + a spoonful of peanut butter.



After breakfast I got leftover containers today. There are always leftovers. I ran the dishwasher which I finished loading. Everything I had to do involved water it seemed. I went down to the garden and pulled a few cucumbers to take, which I forgot to get pictures of. I haven't quite gotten use to taking pictures of everything, even after all this time.

Later I got a shower and then loaded the washer to do a load of laundry. I put the delay for 3 hours so that it would wash while we were gone and I could throw them in the dryer when we got home. I've heard about machines that wash and then dry, a while back, but I haven't heard anymore. I wonder how that went. It would be nice if it would do both, but I'm not sure about it. I don't like leaving the dryer on while I'm gone, but it would be handy to put them in and take them out only once.

Today's dinner did see like a man's meal. Lots of meatloaf.

Two actually. 

Ham for biscuits(pictured below).
There was also BBQ chicken, which was in the oven during photos, so I missed it.

Way below.........this is mashed potatoes.

On down........ this is the asparagus.
Keep going.........a lovely Caesar salad here.

I promise there is a photo of biscuits, this is macaroni salad, but next......

We have biscuits, bunches of biscuits, beautiful biscuits.

I have one on my plate, along with a MSF Tomato & Basil Pizza Burger (=my meatloaf+yummy), peas, asparagus, salad & a slice of cucumber (I'd already nibbled on a few others. I was gettin' my green on. Lord, I hate a yellow plate. You know, no green to be seen. Not a problem here.

There was pineapple upside down cake. Dale loves pineapple upside down cakes and so do I. He had a huge piece and I brought him one home as well.

We also had Banana Split Pie. I snagged a piece of this for later.

I had the cake of course with coffee.

Notice I have 2 cherries, my favorite part. We discussed cherry upside down cake. Anyone ever tried one of those? I've seen peach and apple, which would be good, but not cherry. I've tried the peach, which I liked, but not the apple. I see a future recipe, maybe two. I was very stuffed after the cake and coffee.

I had an apple with peanut butter, when I got home. Apparently I didn't stay stuffed.

Later I had a black bean burger. A slice of pineapple would have been good on this. I didn't have any though. I guess I could have robbed the cake. I used carrot strips for sweetness instead with some spicy ranch dressing.

The burger was crumbly today after reheating it, not bad, but I had to be gentle, so it stayed in just 2 pieces. I will work on it though.

Now I'm sitting here in the dark. Yes in the dark. It's not raining, but if it doesn't, it's missing a good chance. Maybe a third day of not watering the garden. I will have to run out and get a few more cucumbers before they get to big. Here's hoping the sun peeps out sometime today. Have a good one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment