Google Search Results

Monday, June 13, 2011

Good Food Sunday

I'm up, not terribly excited about it, but here I am. It would be so nice to have my morning smoothie waiting for me. Yesterday I had something different, not totally different, it was a smoothie, but it was a Mandarin Orange Smoothie.

It was very cool and refreshing, a little thinner than most of my smoothies, but it was delicious and not too thin. I used all the usual ingredients, milk, yogurt, oats, vanilla, flax, ice and of course mandarin orange sections.

Now that I'm getting up early, my smoothie doesn't last until dinner at Mom's. so, I had a little snack mix to tide me over. It has peanuts, dried cranberries, & white chocolate chips.

For the meat eaters, there was chicken wings, with a few breast pieces thrown in. There was hot wing sauce and BBQ sauce to go with.

Also a big ol' beef roast made in the crock pot.

Cathy's famous "Stinky Feet Cheese Salad". Well that's our nickname for it. It's made with spinach, red onion, feta cheese, croƻtons, imitation bacon bits, & a French type dressing, which is homemade. I don't know the actual name of the salad, which is one reason the nickname has stuck.

Broccoli Cornbread

Asparagus, which I found I like better this way than semi raw on the grill. Normally I am not a fan of grilled asparagus. It tastes slightly bitter to me.

Macaroni & Cheese

Au Gratin Potatoes

Peppers & Green Beans which were very good.

Green Beans, Potatoes, & Mushrooms

My plate with lots of green going on it. I had asparagus, green beans, salad, a little macaroni, & a small piece of broccoli cornbread.

It looks like a lot, but I wasn't stuffed and miserable afterwards. 

We had 2 desserts, but I didn't get a shot but of one. It was the Chocolate Delight. The other was a pineapple poke cake & we also had fresh pineapple, which I didn't get a shot of either.

I had some of the chocolate delight & a few pieces of the fresh pineapple later. I also had a cup of decaf which didn't make it into the camera. There seemed to be quite a bit going on, and I am easily distracted.

I did get a shot of Miss Mary having her dinner. She enjoyed the macaroni and the chocolate delight. Can you tell?

I brought home some of the salad, which I intended for lunch today, but I couldn't wait. I mixed it with some iceberg lettuce so that there'd be enough for both.
Love that feta!!
It was a super hot day. I stayed in the cool mostly and enjoyed the food and the babies. It ended with a big storm. It had mostly past when we left and was mainly just rain when we got home. It's nice and sunny again this morning though. It should be another hot steamy day. Have a good one!











No comments:

Post a Comment