Google Search Results

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In The Garden

It rained all night so I thought I'd sleep good. I was wrong. I was too hot and I couldn't get relaxed. It's mornings like this when I miss coffee. I suppose I could drink decaf, but that would defeat the purpose, right?

Yesterday after I finished the post, I went down to the garden, before breakfast. I have to do things while I'm thinking about them. I get sidetracked to easily. I took my camera this time, so you could see what's going on in the garden.

These are my tomato plants (Heirloom, Roma, & Cherry). There already getting tall. I tied up several drooping parts while I was there. Some people have little short tomato plants, but I've never had one & those pipes I have for stakes, will not be tall enough.

These are my cucumbers. I grow them on a piece of fence so that they are easier to get to.

The cherry tomatoes are hanging in clusters, but there's just a ripe one here and for now.

There's also Romas hanging, still green though. There was a tiny heirloom or two hanging, but they seem to just be getting started.

The banana peppers are hanging in clusters, not quite big enough yet. I did get one.

It won't be long until I'll have bell peppers. There is on good sized one now and lots of blooms for others.

This is a volunteer. A pumpkin plant that came up on it own. It already has blooms. It's a bit early for pumpkins, I think.

I got a couple of shots of the blooms, just because they were pretty. This one was on my bell peppers.

This beauty will soon be a cucumber, if all goes well.

This is the days harvest. It doesn't look like much, but it's a plenty for me.

I was ready for breakfast when I got back to the house. I'm saving the strawberries until I get a few more, so I had a banana pudding smoothie. Another good one to try is my Blueberry Banana smoothie. I like those almost as much as the Banana Pudding smoothie.

Just the usual, banana, vanilla yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, vanilla wafers, ground flax, oatmeal, & ice.

I did some more cleaning after breakfast, did some laundry, etc. I rewarded myself with a piece of pineapple upside down cake. I should have had lunch, but at that point, I just wanted to sit down with something cold.


Lunch was a black bean burger, which held together better this time. I also had some peas and cucumbers with spicy ranch dressing. I drizzled a little on my burger as well. The burgers are a little dryer than I prefer, even with the onions and peppers.


My pre-Zumba snack was a lemon Chobani and a few vanilla wafers, tangy and sweet, yum.

We had a blast at Zumba. I was very happy to be back, since last weeks classes were canceled. I missed it. I'll be missing it again on Thursday. Lexi has been going to bible school this week and they are having their program on Thursday, so I will be going to see her in that. Hopefully I'll get pictures.

We I got home I was still all hot and sweaty. I didn't want anything hot, so I put together what was left of the macaroni salad, the peas, and some tuna, along with a dab of light mayo and sweet relish.

This hit the spot. It was very filling.

After dinner, I uploaded photos, watched a little tv (In Plain Sight via Netflix), went to bed and listened to the rain and thunder. It's still pretty cloudy. Not sure what the forecast for the day is, but a little sun and not to hot would be nice. Until tomorrow. Feel free to leave a comment. Do you have short tomato plants or tall? What's your favorite veggie? Anything.










No comments:

Post a Comment