Google Search Results

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mini Meals And Cleaning

This morning I overslept, just about 10 minutes. My phone is my alarm and I forgot to put it beside the bed last night. Now that Lucas is working third shift, I have company while I blog. He gets home about the time I get up, which is why I didn't sleep longer. 

Yesterday I had a strawberry banana smoothie. I had collected strawberries out of the garden and combined them with the leftover banana I had frozen in slices. It was a super cold smoothie with the frozen banana and ice.

It was super delicious also.

I spent the morning cleaning, mopping, etc. On days when I feel really good I do major cleaning. I don't take time to fix complicated meals when I'm cleaning (I don't do that on others days, lol), and I don't take time to eat big meals either. Lunch was just some macaroni salad, which I mix with some of the leftover peas, so there was some green in there.

For one person, quick and easy is nice. I used to fix 2 separate meals 2-3 times a day everyday, because I don't eat meat and my family does and the men also don't eat a big variety of veggies, although Lucas is getting better. Now that Lindsay has her own family and Lucas is grown and able to fend of himself. He does most of the cooking for himself and Dale, which leaves me to just fixing my meals. Yeah!!!

I also had the slice of banana split pie that I brought home. There was one dark slice of banana on the edge the rest were just starting to turn. Mom used lemon just to keep the bananas from turning dark, which helped and didn't change the flavor. That is one reason why I rarely eat banana pudding or desserts with fresh bananas. I like bananas, but not black ones.


It was hot inside yesterday. I guess because I was up cleaning. I ate mini meals all day. Clean, drink water, eat, clean, drink water, eat. That was pretty much how my day went. I had cream cheese on Ritz crackers along with the last of my marinated cucumbers, which was mostly onions. I'll be going down to collect cucumbers from the garden when I finish. I was suppose to get them yesterday and it totally slipped my mind.

I had the leftover Caesar salad for dinner. I used light ranch instead of the Caesar dressing because, I forgot to get any of it. The croƻtons get a bit soft when left in the salad overnight, but I don't mind. They still taste good and they don't get soggy, just soft.


It still looks fresh, right?

We went to the store to pick up a few things after dinner. I was still a little hungry, so when I got back I had an apple sliced with warm peanut butter drizzled over it. Messy, but good.

It was a pretty good day. I got a lot accomplished. I'm going to try it again today, since I still feeling pretty good this morning. Now I'm off to collect cucumbers. Have you got a garden? Tell me about it. Have a great day! See ya tomorrow.

Oh yeah, BTW, today is Zumba day! Classes were canceled last week. I can't wait until this evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment