Google Search Results

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hung Up On Cinnamon

This is a sleepy morning. I think the sun my come out, but it rained most of the night, storms with lots of thunder and static-y bolts of bright lightning running across the sky.

I'm also feeling hungry this morning, incentive to finish up quickly. Since I can't have dairy with my meds, smoothies for breakfast are out. I would have liked another cinnamon roll, but those are long gone. Yesterday I decided to have my quick version of the cinnamon roll, cinnamon roll toast. It's a little different, but it satisfies that need for cinnamon and sugar and tastes similar enough.
It's super cinnamon toast, which I made using a hamburger bun yesterday. The recipe actually calls for it to be grilled on both sides in a pan, but I just did these on one side under the broiler in my toaster oven, the taller one getting a little over brown, but still edible.

I do think the pan method get you a little closer to the real thing, but I prefer using thick slices of bread instead of the normal paper thin bread from the grocery store. Texas toast, if you can find it, works very well or a denser homemade bread, even better, but mainly it's about using what you've got.

Lunch was leftovers, mixed veggies and hash brown casserole.


I had a smoothie before time for Zumba, since I didn't get one in the morning. I did an apple crisp smoothie with peanut butter. The cinnamon in this is what I was craving. It wasn't quite as satisfying as I had hoped. The peanut butter didn't work out. I think I prefer the apples with yogurt and cereal in a bowl. The apples I've had lately were especially grainy when blended up and it didn't blend up as creamy as usual for some reason.

You can see a lot of the apple peel in this one. I may have used too much ice.
I got ready and went to Zumba just before the storms. Since Lindsay wasn't going, Lucas had planned to drop me out, run to the store and come back to wait in the parking lot until I finished. I'd taken my phone, but left it on the charger in the car since it wasn't charged and he was coming right back. I went in as he left, only to find class had been canceled, possibly for the week, I'm not sure. I missed Thursday and I was the only one who showed up. There is a lot that goes on there, so there was other groups there for other things. 

The storm was getting closer as I waited outside for Lucas to return. I finally had to go inside with the group that was there and wait because the lightning was so bad and the rain poured in under the shelter I was standing under. Finally Lucas returned and I got in and we went back home. I was disappointed. I am not staying without my phone ever again. I guess I will also call my sister in law, next time before I go, she usually knows what they are doing. 

I was still full from the smoothie when I got home. I didn't want anything else and it wasn't long until bed time. I watched a little tv, uploaded photos, read my ebook and went to bed. I do believe I will skip the ebook at night if I don't start earlier. Seven hours sleep is not enough for me. I think I am an 8 hour person. Now I am off to fill my tummy. What did you have for breakfast? Happy Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment