Google Search Results

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Homemade Veggie Burger Experience

 
I was awake this morning before the alarm went off. At first I thought I'd overslept. Lately if I just wake up alert, lol, it's because I've overslept. I went to bed early again last night, but only about 30 minutes, which gave me 8 hours instead of the usual 7.5. I also slept better than usual having turned the a/c down again. It helps to be cool.

I had another banana pudding smoothie yesterday, this time with the wafers and no peanut butter although I did give it some thought.

 
Lunch was a bagel. The other half of my Panera sweet onion & poppyseed. You can see the little poppy seeds throughout the bagel and there's onion too. I believe they should do the everything bagels, the same way.

I spread my bagel with cream cheese and had a few of the marinated cucumbers & onions on the side.


A little later I had a cup of my Chobani lemon. It always has a little liquid or juice as I call it, on top and I always pour it off. I do all yogurt that way if there is liquid on top. It thins it out to stir it in and I like my yogurt thick.

For dinner I experimented with a black bean burger recipe. I'm not posting it yet, because I'm not completely happy with the results. It wasn't bad, but I do believe it could be better. It has chopped pepper, onion & sun dried tomato, along with corn, oatmeal, egg, chili powder & cumin. The seasoning weren't too spicy, but they did overpower the other ingredients. I wanted to be able to tell what was in it. They needed more that just the chili/cumin flavor.  

I had mine on a bun with spinach & spicy ranch dressing, along with a couple of chopped up carrots. The carrots were great with it. They added a little sweetness and crunch.

I got 5 bun sized burgers out of the recipe, which I will post as soon as I tweak it a little.

After dinner we had company. My brother in law, and his family came by for a little while. After they left I uploaded my photos and went to bed. It seemed very hot in the house last night, which is the reason I turned down the air. It had rained earlier and it's always warmer inside when it rains. Today the sun is out for now and the birds are chirping. They are forecasting isolated thunderstorm and the sky looks if-y, but I'm hoping it will be a great day whatever the weather.

Today is dinner at Mom's. I'm not sure what we're having. What are you having for dinner?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment