Google Search Results

Friday, June 03, 2011

Liberte Mediterranee Lemon Yogurt Review

I got to bed slightly sooner, which meant more sleep, because I certainly didn't get up any earlier. I had a knot in my back, right beside my right shoulder blade before going to bed. It had been there most of the day. I placed a tennis ball between my back and the bed, moving around to massage the knot. I saw this on the internet somewhere. It worked pretty well. A back massager would be better, I suppose, but the tennis ball is great in a pinch. It made it possible for me to get to sleep.

When I woke up this morning, I hadn't decided what to have for breakfast. I'd thought about a strawberry smoothie, but I had a little apple leftover in the fridge, so I did a Strawberry Apple Smoothie. There was slightly more apple than I realized, so I just threw in a great big strawberry, since I already had my heart set it on it.


No cinnamon in this one, just a little orange blossom honey and some vanilla extract. I just wanted the refreshing taste of the fruit in this one and that one big strawberry made the difference. You'd be surprised how much strawberry flavor you get from just one. This was a great combo in a smoothie. I will definitely be making this one again (when I get some more apples).

 I also had an awesome salad today for lunch. I really needed a salad. I haven't been meeting my quota on fresh raw veggies lately. I just feel so much better when I eat raw food.

I also had some of my brown rice with spinach and tomato.

The salad was so awesome looking I had to get a shot of it, before I put the rice on top. I used sun dried tomato vinaigrette on the salad. It was the perfect dressing for this salad.


What's in the salad
Iceberg Lettuce
Spinach
Mushrooms
Red Bell Pepper
Onion
Brown Rice w/ Spinach & Roma Tomato
Light Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette


As you may or may not know, today was Zumba day for me and as my pre-Zumba snack, I had a Liberte Mediterranee Lemon Yogurt. This lemon yogurt is a sweet lemon, like lemon pudding, and although I mostly prefer the tartness of the Chobani Greek Lemon yogurt, this was the best sweet lemon yogurt, I've eaten. Not quite as thick as Chobani, but very creamy and delicious. The lemon is on the bottom until you stir it up.
Here are the nutritional comparisons between Liberte Lemon and Chobani Lemon.

Liberte Mediterranee Lemon Yogurt              Chobani Greek Lemon Yogurt
Serving - 6oz.                                                        6oz.                                 
Calories - 270                                                        140                                 
Fat Calories - 110                                                  0                                     
Total Fat - 12g                                                       0g                                   
Sat Fat - 8g                                                           0g                                    
Trans Fat - 0g                                                        0g                                   
Cholesterol - 50mg                                                0mg                                 
Sodium - 140mg                                                    80mg                               
Total Carbs - 28g                                                   20g                                  
Fiber - 0g                                                              0g                                     
Sugar - 23g                                                           18g                                   
Protein - 6g                                                           15g                                   


I had the Liberte lemon with fresh strawberries and a little Kellogg's Berry Yogurt Crunch Fiber Plus cereal for added crunch.

Liberte is a great dessert, snack, whatever, but my first choice is still Chobani. 

I went to Zumba and had a great time as usual. We've also been working out afterwards with resistance bands and weights and doing ab toning exercises as well on Thursdays. I normally go to two different classes, but after next week I will be doing the same one on Tuesday as I do on Thursday. The other Tuesday class is on hold until Fall after next weeks class. 

 After I got home I had an Amy's Bowl. The Tortilla Casserole w/ Black Beans. It's one of my favorites. I've eaten this several times, but didn't remember it having tofu in it. I still love it, I just either didn't know or forgot. I love that it is in tiny chunks.


I probably shouldn't have, but I've been roasting since I got home and so I had a cool treat after dinner. The Breyer's Coffee Fudge Brownie ice cream is just about gone. I loved it ( a little too much), but maybe next time I'm go for sherbet. It doesn't make me feel quite as guilty.
I consider, sleep, good food, and Zumba all great, put them together in one day and it makes for an awesome day. Alright, now that I've said my piece, now it's your turn. Comments please. Make this day even better. 





No comments:

Post a Comment