Google Search Results

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Super Smooth Oatmeal Smoothie

This morning I made a strawberry banana smoothie, but before making it, I was thinking about the oatmeal in the smoothie, about it being slightly grainy, even though I blend it thoroughly. I don't really mind it, but some people might, so I decided to try an experiment. I put the 1/4 C. of oatmeal in my spice grinder and ground it into a powder before adding it to the other ingredients. It worked perfectly. Be sure to wipe out your spice or coffee, before adding the oatmeal to get any coffee or spice residue. I used a paper towel with a little oil on it.

Usually after I drink most of my smoothie, there at the bottom of the glass is the grainiest part of the oatmeal. It's not much, but it's sort of hard to get it out of the glass. Today's smoothie was super smooth, with no grainy oatmeal at the bottom. Win! So if you didn't care for the oatmeal because it was a little grainy, you should try it again with the powdered oatmeal.




I had an Amy's Southwestern Burrito with carrots for lunch. I think I like the Southwestern version even better than the non dairy beans and rice. I heated my burrito in the oven today. I actually defrosted it in the microwave for about 5 min. and then in the toaster oven for about 30 min. vs. just the oven for 50-55 min. It was much better than just heating it in the microwave, even though it did take considerably longer. I'm very impatient when it comes to cooking, but I really hate microwave food.



I had a German Chocolate blizzard, with coconut, pecans, and some chocolate. All the coconut and pecans were mostly at the top. There was very little chocolate, but I loved all the coconut and pecans.

 
I only ate about 1/2 the cup, although it looks like more. You can see I was getting down to the white ice cream. I think the person who made the blizzard needs to have a few more lessons. Maybe next time I buy ice cream, I will try a homemade blizzard. Have you ever made a blizzard?

I had the grand babies this evening while Mom & Dad went to an adult only birthday party. We watched kids shows on Netflix, colored in coloring books, and played pretend. Lexi also read to me. It still amazes me that at 4 years old, she is reading. Unfortunately I didn't get photos.

We also had grilled cheese sandwiches. Mary had peanut butter and jelly. DH had fixed himself a sandwich, but Mary decided it was for her. Lexi also had a lunchable with turkey, cheese and crackers.


 I also had a couple of peanut butter Ritz crackers off camera & was tempted to eat the rest of my blizzard, but didn't. Now before I am tempted to eat anything else, I am going to put my booty to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment