Google Search Results

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Making Better Food Choices

I'm chilly this morning. I turned the a/c down last night, so that I could sleep better. I did, but I still didn't want to get up. I'm just not a morning person, no matter what I try. I also went to bed an hour earlier.

I finally had my banana pudding smoothie yesterday, well almost. I forgot the vanilla wafers and I added a spoonful of peanut butter. I didn't miss the wafers until I was thinking about it later. Even without them it's still my favorite smoothie.

I had an Amy's Bean & Rice Non-Dairy Burrito with marinated cucumbers and onions for lunch. These are my white cucumbers, out of the garden. I put them in a little vinegar/water mixture with a dab of salt, sugar & celery seed. I also have bush pickling cucumbers that I waiting to pick, but they aren't looking like a regular picking cucumber. They are longer. I plan to go down today an have a look.

The Amy's burrito hit the spot. Amy's makes the best frozen burritos. I love the whole wheat tortillas.

I was craving something cool & creamy, ice cream actually, which I didn't have, but I did have some Chobani lemon in the fridge, which subbed quite nicely.

I do love my lemon Chobani.

Dinner was soup & cheese sticks a sandwich. I had the rest of my Panera Tomato bisque and a grilled cheese, I made using shredded mozzarella, garlic, & oregano. I used my pizza cutter to cut the sandwich into strips for dipping. It a great way to eat a grilled cheese sandwich with soup. 


Ahhh, dessert, a Fuji apple.

After dinner we watched a movie, True Grit, with Jeff Bridges, Hailee Steinfeld, & Matt Damon. It was pretty good, but I still prefer the original.



You just can't beat John Wayne & Glen Campbell. If you haven't seen the original you should.


Well that was my day. I think I did better yesterday, at least it didn't feel like I ate junk food all day. How did you do? Hope you have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment