Google Search Results

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Amy's Veggie Loaf Review

I overslept yesterday, but not today. I could have, but I didn't. I felt tired all day yesterday. I didn't even fix my morning smoothie. I just grabbed half an everything bagel and spread some cream cheese on it.


I did sprinkle it with garlic powder and parsley, for extra flavor and to pretty it up a bit.

Then later I had a German Chocolate Blizzard fro DQ. This one had large chunks of coconut on top with all the pecan.


And half way down, just ice cream again.

I tried Amy's Veggie Loaf w/ mashed potatoes, peas & corn for lunch.

Not too appetizing to look at frozen.

Better once it's cooked, but nothing like on the box as usual.

It wasn't bad. I could eat it again, but it wasn't my favorite. The sauce was pretty good. I'm not a big fan of instant mashed potatoes, or at least that's what these tasted like. The peas and corn were pretty good also, peas firm, not squishy or tough. The veggie loaf was just alright, like mashed beans, but a little firmer. The taste wasn't bad, but it needed the sauce, so did the potatoes, lol. It needed every drop of the sauce. I think they could do better.

Nutritional Facts
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per 1 Serving 1 Meal
Calories 290
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8.0g   13%
 
Saturated Fat 1.0g   5%
 
Trans Fat 0.0g
 
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0g
 
MonoUnsaturated Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 0.0mg   0%
Sodium 690.0mg   29%
Total Carbohydrates 47.0g   16%
 
Dietary Fiber 10.0g   40%
Protein 9.0 g   18%
Vitamin A   45.000 ~ IU
Vitamin C   50.000 mg
Calcium   4.000 mg
Iron   15.000 mg
* Based on a 2,000 calorie diet.


Since I had a blizzard earlier, I went just just a cup of applesauce for a snack. I didn't really get my fruit for the day.


I do think I have veggies covered and probably grains too, but I think I missed the mark in the protein department. I did have pinto beans for dinner along with some wild rice w/ carrots & broccoli and more broccoli on the side.


I had a little Italian dressing on my broccoli, a tad of on the rice, which came pretty much unseasoned and some of the Cajun Injector Hickory Grill seasoning on my beans. It was good.

Since I didn't feel like I'd gotten enough protein and I'd eaten dinner early, I had a Chobani Lemon Greek Yogurt for dessert a little later. It's packed with protein. I'm supposed to get about .73 grams per pound and I don't think I'm anywhere near that and unless I exercise more, I'm not sure I could eat that much along with everything else I'm suppose to be getting.

I still say the lemon is the best. Twice the protein and none of the fat, gotta love that.
Well it's Sunday again, so I guess I'll be getting ready to go to Mom's for dinner shortly. Happy Sunday!!








 


No comments:

Post a Comment