Google Search Results

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gardein Buffalo Wings Review

Not fully awake this morning. I stayed up late, watched tv, & worked on the blog so that I wouldn't have much to do this morning, only to wake and find blogger didn't save any of my work. They are really pissing me off. It really might be worth starting over to switch to Wordpress.

Yesterday I had a Strawberry Fit & Active Fruit & Cereal Bar for breakfast. I was hungry and didn't want to wait until after my post, so I grabbed one of these instead. This is more of an emergency breakfast. I don't think I would want this otherwise. It was too sweet and for some reason, I'm just not a fan.

I had my Chinese dinner leftovers for lunch. As leftovers the broccoli in garlic sauce lost something. It just wasn't as good the next day. It didn't seem to have as much flavor and the rice as sort of dried out a little. I sprinkled the rice with a little water before heating to remedy the dryness, and sprinkled the broccoli with a little lite soy sauce to cure it's ailment. Maybe I'll ask if I can get a little extra sauce next time.

I had a piece of lemon meringue pie for dessert.

I love this pie, but it is rich. The lemon is tart and the meringue is sweet. I needed water with it, so that I could eat the whole thing, even with the tart lemon, I was in sugar overload.


We went to Bi-Lo yesterday and I found these Gardein Classic Style Buffalo Wings (meatless of course), since I loved their Scallopini and I love spicy, I decided to try them. Their are 10 nugget sized pieces (maybe a little larger) in the bag, which is about 2.5 servings according to them and only 2 according to me. This makes them a little more expensive than the Scallopini, which gives you 4 servings for about the same price. I forget the exact price, but it's around $3.50-$4.00 depending on where you buy. 

The buffalo wings come frozen, unseasoned in the bag with a buffalo wing sauce pouch, so that you can adjust the heat, which is good. This sauce is spicy and unless you are a glutton for punishment, you won't need more than half for them all. I decided to fix them all. I put them in a skillet with a little oil, because they do tend to stick when they start to brown. I browned them a little and added some of the sauce. I didn't use a lot this time, but they could have used a little more. I had 3/4 of the pouch left. I didn't go too spicy, but after eating them, thought, I should have.

I had the wings with some sweet potato tots and my creamy cucumbers and broccoli for which I am posting the recipe. It was originally just cucumber w/ onion, but I had broccoli to use along with some bell pepper and it all went very well together, of course if I'd have red bell instead of green it would have looked better or maybe some purple onion. The important thing is I have some green on my plate.

 These were yummy, although, I may just buy the Scallopini, cut it up and put some hot wing sauce on it, which would be about the same for less money. I'm posting a pic of the nutritional facts for the wings at the bottom because the picture was awkward to fit into everything. I may edit it with some the better later on. I have a had a dead line and this one was quick. Now, I'll be off. Happy Sunday!! Enjoy your day!





No comments:

Post a Comment