Google Search Results

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe

 *Updated 6-06-11


This smoothie is more or less like my other smoothies as far as main ingredients and their measurements, but this is my version of a strawberry banana smoothie. I loved this one, there just the right about of strawberry to banana, but I still haven't found one to top my Banana Pudding Smoothie.

Ingredients
1/2 C. Sliced Banana
1/2 C. Sliced Strawberries
1/2 C. Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 C. Milk 2%
1/4 C. Old Fashioned Oats
2 tsp. Ground Flax
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3-4 Ice Cubes

Directions
Throw everything into your blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

If you'd like a bit sweeter smoothie, you can add 1-2 tsp. of honey and you may also substitute 1/3 C. of multigrain flakes cereal if you prefer. I just prefer oatmeal.

*For an even smoother smoothie, put the 1/4 c. of oats in a clean coffee or spice mill and grind into a powder before adding to the blender with the other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment