Google Search Results

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Gardein Chicken Scallopini

This was one of those days were I felt like laying around, just being lazy and that's pretty much how it worked out. It was cloudy and rainy when I got up. The dogs are always quite when it rains, afraid they'll have to go out in it. I put a new curtain rod in my bedroom and the curtains I had were too small for the rod, so I had to use a darker pair until I can get some others. This made waking up difficult. I need that light coming in to tell me it's time to get up. I manage to get up anyway, knowing I had work to do, pictures to post and a blog to write, but first I had to have breakfast. I like to eat as soon as my eyes open.

There was a banana in the kitchen, calling my name and I got some vanilla yogurt while I was out with Mom & Lynda, woohoo! It may not be exciting for you, but I've been missing my smoothies and you know I had to have a Banana Pudding Smoothie. Have you tried one yet? It's an awesome smoothie.


After getting yesterday's post done, lots of email checking, web surfing, and........ Darn, I just remembered I forgot to start the washer, I loaded. I'll do that right quick and then I'll tell you about lunch. 

Now, that I've gotten that out of the way, I will tell you about my salad. I had it in a bowl, since I tend to make my salads too large, on a plate. It still looks pretty big, but I wasn't stuffed after eating it, so I know it's smaller.
What's in the bowl
Spring Mix Lettuce
Green Pepper
Carrot
Cucumber
Tomato
Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans
Italian Dressing


I was just making a simple salad. It turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be. 

My dessert/snack, I had a little later. It was a piece of the Apple Cake that Lynda made. It was moist, gooey, buttery, and apple-y good.

Tonight I tried out a new meatless product I'd heard about online. It was Gardein (not garden, it stands for garden protein) Chick'n Scallopini. They come frozen separately in a resealable plastic bag. I just tried it plain this time to see how it is alone. It was pretty good. It sort of has a slight Bacos flavor, but just barely. It's not exactly the texture of chicken, which is fine me, but sort of like a firmer scrambled egg. I think that the Morning Star Farms Chicken Griller is more like chicken, if that's what you're going for, but these are good and I would get them again. The price is about the same as the MSF patties and I like the way they look. I cooked this one in a skillet sprayed with Pam. It browned up nicely. I would like to find some recipes that I can use these in. Any suggestions?
 Lucas fixed Four Cheese Rice-A-Roni and I had some it with my Chick'n Scallopini and the last of my broccoli florets sprinkled with some Italian dressing. 
 I had a good day despite the fact that I was lazy and didn't get a lot done. It was nice just doing mostly nothing. How did you spend your Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment