Google Search Results

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Coffee And Donuts

This morning my decision on what to have for breakfast was pretty much decided for me.....by my strawberries. They were starting to look pretty bad and they begged me to finish them off, so that they wouldn't suffer any longer and so I did. As a result of their selflessness, I was able to enjoy an icy cold strawberry smoothie.


All creamy, bubbly, and delicious.

I tried to do good for lunch today. I had a small piece of the leftover veggie lasagna with a medium salad. I did sprinkle a little extra Parmesan over the lasagna.

What's in the salad
Spring Mix Lettuce
Cucumber
Carrot
Tomato
Green Pepper
Italian Dressing

I guess it's a good thing I did so well at lunch, because the rest of the day was not so great. I enjoyed the food, but I may be paying for it later. I had a piece of the leftover lemon pie for dessert. It was just ok, not bad though. I think the coconut was better. The lemon wasn't candy sweet, but it wasn't really tart enough for me. Mary sure enjoyed it though. Chobani's Lemon yogurt has me spoiled. I could sprinkle on a few graham cracker crumbs and be in hog heaven. 
  

We went over to Mom & Lynda's this afternoon. Dale and Lucas manage to get the grass cut before the rain set in. We had dinner over there. They guys had Chalupas from Taco Bell. I had an Amy's Bowl. My favorite one, the tortilla casserole and black beans.


Mom and Lynda picked up donuts from Dunkin and Mom fixed some decaf coffee. It's been forever, since I had coffee and donuts. I can really suck down some coffee if I have a donut. I couldn't decide which kind of donut I wanted, so I fixed myself a sample plate with a piece of 3 different ones.

Chocolate w/ Coconut, Plain w/ Nuts, & Powdered Sugar Cinnamon. They were all great with the coffee, but today's favorite was the Chocolate w/ Coconut. I don't think the 3 pieces together were a whole donut or is that just wishful thinking. The scales will tell the story, lol. I just hope the story has a happy ending.

Today wasn't exactly sunny, but it did peep through the clouds a little and so the dogs were able to lay out on the back porch for a while. I think they needed some fresh air after being couped up in the house for several days. They always sleep better and are less restless after staying out side most of the day. I'm not sure what the difference is. They do the same things out there that they do in here basically. I love when they sleep better, because, I sleep better. I don't have carpet in the house and so when they pace, I hear, click, click, clicking toenails on the floor all night long. That may not bother some people, but it keeps me awake. I turned on my bubble bath classics cd last night and my fan so that I could sleep and I did, but I prefer quiet. It's pouring down the rain right now, so I guess it's good they went out while they could. Hopefully we'll all sleep good tonight. Wish me luck. Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment