Google Search Results

Friday, May 06, 2011

Changing Up Breakfast

Can you believe it? I decided this morning to do a yogurt fruit bowl instead of a smoothie. I was afraid you might be getting bored with the smoothies. I've had several apples to use up and I've been hung up on the banana pudding smoothie, so I haven't had much breakfast variety.

I had bought some canned peaches thinking they were "no sugar added", but what it should have said was " sweetened with artificial sweetner". It was on the can, but the no sugar added was on the front in large letters. I don't do artificial sweeteners, except in gum. I guess the best way to get them pre-peeled is frozen. I usually buy nectarines fresh and use them instead. I don't peel them. With peaches, I'm not really crazy about eating the fuzzy skin and I don't like peeling peaches or mangos; too slippery and messy.


What's in the bowl
Vanilla Yogurt 1%
Ground Flax
Mulit Grain Flakes
Cheerios
Crunchy Banana Nut Multi Grain Flakes
Diced Gala Apple
My First And Only Strawberry, From My Garden
Chopped Walnuts

This was good, but I did miss my oatmeal smoothie.

I also indulged in one Reese's Dark Peanut Butter Cup. I showed a little self control by only eating one, lol. I love dark chocolate.

Is it just me or have these things actually gotten smaller in the last 30 years?

They seemed so much bigger when I was younger. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking. These photos remind me of the Reese's commercials.

I had the last of the Dill Roasted Red Potatoes and green beans. I should have made more. These were really good and eaten way too quickly.

One of my favorite ways to eat potatoes is baked, this is another favorite.

Today was Zumba day. I could hardly wait. Strangely, I feel like I'm getting a present or going to a party for me. I don't know why, but I do. I always feel so good afterwards. It makes me wish, I could go everyday. I love doing Zumba with other people. I really need an exercise buddy. Luckily I have several. Do you have an exercise buddy? I highly recommend it.

Today's pre-Zumba snack was a cup of Lemon Chobani Greek yogurt. I could eat a tub of this stuff.... I mean a bath tub. I always find myself scraping the bottom and sides, then running my finger around the inside of the container to get every last drop.

  
I also had a small cup of the crunchy banana nut multigrain cereal, dry with a few chopped walnuts thrown in.

As usually we had a ball at Zumba. It really doesn't seem like an hour long class. We were hot and sweaty afterwards and it was cool outside today. I thought I'd be cold going out, but the cool air felt good. 
I was pretty hungry as usual when I got home. I had a couple of off camera crackers with cream cheese while I was fixing my dinner. I did a quick version of chili beans, which turned out pretty good for what they were.

I topped them with a few slivers of Havarti and had a couple of extra spoonfuls when these were gone.

What's in the bowl
A Can Of Meatless Chili Beans
A Can Of Diced Tomatoes
A Little Garlic Powder
A Little Chili Powder
A Little Chipotle Powder (A little goes a longer way)
A Little Mexican Oregano

These would have been even better with some Soft Cornbread.
Well, I'm pooped, so I guess I'll get ready for bed. I slept really good last night and I'm hoping tonight, I'll do the same. Have a great night! Hopefully I'll see ya, tomorrow or you'll see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment