Google Search Results

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tomato Monday

I loved winters light for taking photos. Now there are leaves on the trees, flowers blooming, and warm weather, but the lighting is terrible. It wasn't that great to begin with. I thought it would be better when summer came. I know there's probably some adjustment I can make to the camera, but I am new at it, so for now I have these. If you care to share a tip, it is more than welcome.

My breakfast. I decided to give the parfait another go. I really need better glasses. I mean that in so many ways. I like these glasses, but they are actually Christmas glasses. I keep them out all year long, because I like the way they are made. They would be even better if they were just a little bigger. My parfait is sort of undefined and sloppy looking, but it tasted just fine.

What's in the glass
Vanilla Yogurt
Ground Flax
Crunchy Banana Nut Multigrain Flakes
Delmonte Very Cherry Fruit Cocktail

There wasn't room for more and as I mentioned, my parfait skills are lacking.

I had some sort of snack mix to munch on between breakfast and lunch. I am not sure what it's called. It didn't have a label, but it is sort of like the Salsa Trail Mix from Yoder's. I still have a little of it and it has different stuff in it. I kept craving something sweet, but surprisingly this hit the spot.

I had my leftover spinach ravioli and salad from Romano's. I added some spring mix lettuce to the salad. The leftover salad was looking sort of pitiful, but still edible, just not very photo worthy. The spring mix did a great job covering it up. I topped the salad with a little light Caesar dressing. The ravioli was good, but I think there was more cheese than ravioli. The sauce was also very good. 


Underneath all that cheese is 2 ravioli. 

After lunch I had a date with a dog.....for a bath, not me, him. He wasn't thrilled, but he smelled and felt a lot better afterwards. Since I did such a good job giving Buddha a bath, I decided to reward myself, lol, so, I had the last piece of the apple cake. It was sweet, moist, and buttery with lots of apples and walnuts. I love fruit and I love fruity desserts, oh heck, I love desserts period.  

 I completely forgot to get photos of the new plants in the garden today. I usually go down to the garden in the late afternoon, but we had to make a trip to town and so it was too late when we got back. 

I picked up some more salad and a few Roma tomatoes to go with dinner. I had some of Panera's Creamy Tomato Basil soup. You can get it at the Target deli or you can have someone serve it to you at Panera's with their Mediterranean veggie sandwich. I made a piece of toasted garlic Parmesan bread and added some broccoli to the salad and along with a few slices of Roma tomato which I topped with a little Italian dressing. Dinner was served.

It was yummy.

Although it wasn't very exciting, that was my day. Do you have any questions for me? I got sidetracked this evening looking for recipes. I am craving something with coffee in it. Do you have a good recipe you'd like to share? 


No comments:

Post a Comment