Google Search Results

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

If Life Serves You Lemons

Well this morning life did serve me lemons and I was a sour puss when I got up. I didn't get to sleep until 5 or 6 am, although I was very tired, I couldn't go to sleep. Even after I got to sleep, I only slept about 5 hours. Needless to say when I got up, I wasn't in a very good mood.

I also forgot to get more vanilla yogurt day before yesterday, so there wasn't any for my morning smoothie. Not to fear though, I had a cup of Chobani Lemon in the fridge, but what could I do with lemon? I decided to make a Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie. I wanted it to be just like the Chobani, a little tart. I had to added some lemon juice and a little raw sugar to compensate for the milk and anything the weakened the flavor of the yogurt. It worked out perfectly.
What's in the glass
Fresh Sliced Strawberries
Chobani Greek Lemon Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Lemon Juice
Raw Sugar
Ice Cubes


The thought and flavor of this smoothie perked me right up. It's definitely an eyeopener. Now if I can just keep them open. I'm working on the blog early today, trying to get a jump start. I know I will be super sleepy this evening. I just hope when I do go bed, I die for about 8 hours.

 Well everything has gone sour again. I wasn't too sleepy when I began doing the rest of this, but now my eyes are going together and my brain has turned to jello. Sorry, but I'm going to try to make it quick, so that I can get to bed. I had unexpected company and so, I'm running late as usual.

This is lunch. Another huge salad, just like last night's. All but the radishes and no naked salad shots, not me, the salad.
I did use Mexican blend cheese this time and no radishes. I also forgot the ground flax ( just realized).

Since life was serving lemons, I made it the theme for the day and had a slice of lemon pie, which I got from my Aunt Lynda (who should tell me where she got it, lol). It was good and tart just the way I like it. Usually lemon pie is sweet, which kind of ruins the whole purpose for liking lemon. I didn't even mind the meringue on top, which I'm usually not a fan of. The little ripple-y sides of the container made licking the remnants difficult, lol. I believe if they're going to make it good, they should also make it easy to get every last bit, right?

Those little wafers remind me of Mickey Mouse, but I haven't had much sleep.

I went down to the garden this evening, but it's still muddy and nothing much has changed. Everything is still alive, thankfully. All of these are tomato plants and I'm the only one in this house who will eat them, so look forward to seeing a lot of them, if everything goes well.

There will also be a lot of pepper too. All of these plants are peppers.

Now this doesn't look like a lot of cucumbers, but it they'll grow this year, there should be plenty. I used to do the whole canning thing, but I'm over that.

I did have a few more strawberries waiting to be picked when I got to the garden. I just can't get over how big and juicy they are. I expected them to be smaller. If I hadn't forgotten about planting them, I would have gotten more. 



For dinner I had a great big tomato from Patterson's market. It's not one of theirs, but it's better than the ones at the grocery store. We also fixed some more red skinned potatoes. This time using the Garden Green Onion ranch dip mix. I think we had a little more potatoes in this batch, but they still didn't last very long. I think I like the Dill Roasted Red Potatoes better, but these were still very good and we will probably make them again too. If you'd like to make the garden green onion version, just follow the recipe for the Dill Potatoes using the onion mix instead. I can't wait to try the Fiesta Ranch mix on some, of course we'll have to get more potatoes and more dip mix, because we made dip with the Fiesta Ranch mix and the potatoes are gone.
I fixed a small salad to go with my potatoes and tomato. I just sprinkled a little balsamic vinegar, salt and better on the salad and tomato and called it good. I should have done a little more for it, but my heart wasn't in it, once my butt touched the seat. 
 Well that's it folks, I'm just too tired to do anymore. So I'll see you tomorrow, right? Same bat time, same bat channel. Well hopefully a little earlier. Any ideas for breakfast tomorrow?







No comments:

Post a Comment