Google Search Results

Sunday, May 08, 2011

The Longest Saturday

This day started of with a bang. It also started a lot sooner than expected, around 2 am actually. Just as I was getting ready for bed. I confess, I am a night owl, but not because I want to be, mainly because it usually works out that way.....anyway, around 2 am, Dale comes to me and says he's gone into the bathroom and heard water spraying and there is water all over the bathroom floor. So he goes outside under our crawl space to investigate. This is the secondary bathroom which is hardly ever used throughout the day, so it's hard to say exactly when this first took place.

Well, when Dale comes back inside, he says a water line has burst and the water is spraying between the floor and the bottom of the sink, not under the sink, where it would be more obvious. It ran around the walls  and then out into the floor, so now the entire bathroom floor will have to be replaced. Isn't that lovely. Dale then goes outside again and shuts off the main water line coming from our well to the house, so we were without water all night and a large portion of the day.

I went to bed, since there was nothing else that could be done until daylight. When I got up this morning, since there was no water, I decide that a simple yogurt parfait for breakfast would be a better choice. I made it in a disposable coffee cup and ate it with a plastic spoon, because I had no idea when my water would be restored and I didn't want to dirty up dishes. Unfortunately, I only had the small coffee cups which hardly hold anything, so I crammed it full of goodness and threw in a little extra when it was gone.


What's in the cup
Vanilla Yogurt
Ground Flax
Crunchy Banana Nut Multigrain Flakes
Delmonte Very Cherry Fruit Cocktail
Shredded Coconut
Chopped Walnuts

This was very good. I usually get the very cherry fruit cocktail because the cherries are the best part and normally they never have enough, fortunately, I am not the only one who feels that way and I am so glad Delmonte remedied this. It was a very yummy parfait.

After a trip to town to get parts to fix the water pipes, I came home starved and had the rest of my Dominos Mediterranean Veggie pizza on a paper plate. This was even great when reheated, provided you don't stick it in the microwave. Yes, you can reheat it that way, but it will never be quite as good as it is fresh, if you don't heat it in the oven. I could make a meal from just the crust on this pizza, it is sooo good. Do you eat the crust or toss it? I hardly ever toss pizza crust, unless it's a really crappy crust.

I'd planned to try their Brooklyn style crust, which is thin and flexible, but it only comes with large or extra large pizzas. Sorry, I can't eat that much, so I was forced to get hand tossed. I really prefer deep dish, but I was trying to eat healthier and go with less bread.

That way, I could feel better about having an unhealthy snack like this dreamsicle which I had later anyway. These were just the store brand and not great, more like tolerable. I should have gone with an Edy's pineapple fruit bar.


Sometime between my pizza and my dreamsicle our water was restore. Yippy!!! BTW Dale also found 4 snakes in our pump house, but only after daylight & several times in and out of the it, in the dark. There were 2 large copperhead, 1 king snake and 1 black snake. Needless to say, I won't be going near the pump house.

This afternoon, I finally got a chance to go out and work in the garden. I got all of my vegetable plants planted. Hopefully I will get a few more things later to add to it. This is several of my bell peppers, red, green, and yellow. I always put the little tomato cages around them because they tend to get big and heavy with peppers and they sometimes break over otherwise. I had several cages left from last year.

I still need to stake my tomatoes. I didn't get to that today. These are my German Johnson Heirloom tomatoes. I love heirloom tomatoes.

These are my Romas. I plan to get a couple more of these. They are great for making soups and sauces.

This is my little cherry tomato for salads, etc. I may get another one of these also. I haven't decided.

This is another strawberry that was waiting when I went to the garden. I didn't get photos of my cucumbers I planted, because Lucas someone came and borrowed my camera before I was finished. 

After I finished up in the garden, I came in and fixed a salad for dinner. Lucas had already made a pan of onion rings. They were the minced variety, which I am not particularly fond of, but the only ones he will eat. 

What's in the bowl
Iceberg Lettuce
Spring Mix Lettuce
Spinach
Carrot
Green Pepper
Broccoli
Radishes
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

The salad dressing was a thrown together mixture of Fiesta Ranch Dip, Light Ranch dressing, Milk, Vinegar, & Taco seasoning. It turned out good, it just took some tweaking here and there.

I put some of the dressing on my salad and used the rest for dipping my onion rings.
 Now after a much needed shower and a cat nap, here I am, up late again, so I'm now going to put myself and this post to bed. Goodnight & Happy Mother's Day!











No comments:

Post a Comment