Google Search Results

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cranberries & Peanut Butter

I didn't do very good at sleeping last night. I slept fine, I just had trouble getting there. I do think I did better at eating today, than I did yesterday, hopefully healthier too. I had another apple yogurt cereal bowl, same as yesterday. It was so good and I was really in the mood for peanut butter again.


What's in the bowl
Vanilla Yogurt
Ground Flax
Multigrain Flakes
Cheerios
Kix
Fresh Apple Chunks
Cinnamon
Dried Cranberries
Warm Melt-y Peanut Butter

The cinnamon and peanut butter were perfect together with the apple.


I had a salad for lunch with some Snapea Crisps. This is the first time I've tried them. They were the original flavor. They also have them in Caesar flavor. I think they're pretty good. They are a baked snack made with peas and rice. They contain protein, calcium, iron and fiber. A tasty good for you snack.
What's in the salad
Spinach
Romaine
Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans
Dried Cranberries
Green Pepper
Onion
Italian Dressing

This really hit the spot. I do think I should have used more dried cranberries though. I love them in salads.

These are also suppose to good with dip, but they are great just by themselves. 

I had the other half of my coconut parfait dessert. It looks like all the graham cracker crumbs wound up on top, but there is coconut pudding and cool whip underneath. Pudding desserts remind me of spring and summer and coconut pudding is one of my favorites. I used to buy coconut cream fried pies, sort of like the Little Debbie fruit pies. I don't remember the brand, but I never see them anymore. I don't buy nearly as many sweets as I use to and lately I've been eating way too much. It makes losing weight difficult and I wind up eating lots of salads.

I had another salad for dinner.  This one has stir fried veggies over spinach & Romaine with just a little fat free toasted sesame, soy, & ginger dressing. The stir fry veggies are Birds Eye brand Thai veggies with carrots, celery, onion, red & yellow peppers, snow peas, edamame, baby corn, water chestnuts, & mushrooms. I fried them with just a little oil, a sprinkle of garlic powder and a pinch of salt. There was hardly any need for dressing.


I was still craving peanut butter after dinner and so I had a few Ritz crackers with a little spread between them. I kept craving snacks, but decided to have a piece of sugar free gum instead. I usually do good after a piece of gum. 

It was sort of a ho hum day, no sun and no energy. Tomorrow is Zumba day, so I'm hoping I'll feel better regardless of whether or not the sun is out. I'm hoping that eating healthier foods will make a difference. I always feel better when I  eat good food vs. junk, don't you? 

I also watched a good movie today. I nearly forgot. We watched "Get Low" with Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek, & Bill Murray. It was a pretty good movie. It's more of a drama with a few funny parts and a good story line. Lucas and I both liked it. 

Now I'm ready for some deep stretches. My neck and back could use it tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment