Google Search Results

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Strawberry Surprise

It's Monday. I woke up really early, but I didn't get up. It wasn't even daylight. It took me about an hour to get back to sleep. When I finally did get up, I had myself another Apple Crisp Smoothie.


I could drink these all day. 
A little while after breakfast, I decide to try out a new dance video. It was fun, but not the same as Zumba. It's called Dance Fitness For Beginners w/ MaDonna Grimes. It does make you work up a sweat. My living room is not the best place for it though. I need a slightly larger area to do it comfortably. I just did the short session today which explains the basic moves. It does a warm up at the beginning and a cool down at the end.

While I was making lunch I nibbled on some green onion cheese. I'm not sure what kind of cheese, just that it's green onion and it's pretty good.

I had leftover peas and cabbage roll for lunch. I made some cooked cabbage to go with them. A little butter, salt and black pepper in the cabbage. My favorite way to eat cooked cabbage is with pinto beans or green beans and soft corn bread.
 

Afternoon snack or dessert. I had my slice of lemon pound cake with the strawberries. They were sliced with a little added sugar. The sugar and juice from the strawberries made a little syrup, which I drizzled over the cake. It was a perfect combo. I didn't feel quite so guilty eating it with fresh fruit, lol. 

 Speaking of strawberries, look what we found in my garden.

It was a pretty good size strawberry.

I'd planted strawberry plants last year. They died or so I'd thought. Most of them did die, except for two. I forgot they were the kind that come back every year.

There are a few other strawberries on the plant that aren't ripe yet.

I may try to get a few more plants for next year.  It was a nice surprise.
 
I had a salad for dinner. A cool salad was nice after such a warm day. I had dinner early and snagged a nice shot on my porch while it was still light out. The house had already begun to get dark. I have terrible lighting inside so it was great to get a good shot of dinner.

What's in the bowl
Butter Lettuce
Spinach
Mushrooms
Cucumber
Green Pepper
Kidney Beans 
Light Caesar Dressing
A yummy salad that hit the spot.








No comments:

Post a Comment