Google Search Results

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Homemade Tomato Basil Soup

Ok so this morning, I'm laying in bed, debating on whether or not to get up. I think I slept ok, but I didn't really feel rested. Well, then the dogs bark, so I get up to let them out, the phone rings and it look like my decision is made. I made an ice cold peach smoothie for breakfast. It was good, very refreshing, which is what I needed, to be refreshed.

What's in the glass
Canned Peaches in 100% juice
Vanilla Yogurt (Peach is better)
Milk 2%
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Vanilla
Raw Sugar
Ice Cubes
Cold & Yummy!


I fought sleep all day long. It didn't help that it was cloudy outside. I was hoping for another sunny day. The house is so dark inside when the sun doesn't shine. It makes it hard to get enthused. In an effort to fight sleep, I made some lunch. I decided to have a good hotdog(Veggie Patch) with all the fixin's. I had mustard on it with Boca chili, onion and slaw. The only thing it really needed was a grilled bun. I just heated my bun a few seconds in the microwave. It would have been so much better on a grilled New England Style bun, but they are hard to find. I did find a site that has great pictures of some homemade buns. They looked delicious.

 I also had some Tiramisu for dessert.
The whole time I was eating this, I kept smelling tomatoes. I was not real excited about cooking tomatoes today, but since I could smell them, I thought I had better do something with them before they got too ripe.

This is what I had to start with. A big box full of ripe Roma tomatoes.

 Of course I still have several tomatoes, but I stopped peeling and seeding when the pot was full. Actually in this photo the pot is not as full as it was to begin with. These were cooking for a few moments and had settled down into the pot a little.

This is what I ended up with. I don't really have a recipe for this, but this is my version of tomato soup. I just added sea salt to taste along with some basil at the end, nothing fancy. It is good, but I plan to tweak it a little tomorrow. I thought I would add a pinch of sugar and I might add a smidgen of milk to my next bowl, just to see how I like it. I don't like to add a lot of seasoning to my soup. I like it to be just tomato soup without interfering with the taste too much. I don't want it to taste like, spaghetti sauce or onion, just tomato with a little basil.

I had two bowls with a few Fire Roast Tomato & Olive Oil Triscuits spread with cream cheese, then sprinkled with basil.
 Dale and Lucas even ate a bowl full.

After we ate our soup. Lucas and I watched a Netflix movie. We'd gotten the movie "Faster" with Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) & Billy Bob Thornton. It was a pretty good movie, but it felt like it was lacking something. I'm not sure what, but it just seemed like it could have been better somehow. We were undecided as to whether or not to we'd give it a 3 or a 4, because it wasn't bad it just left us a little unsatisfied. 




Boy am I ready for bed. Tomorrow is Zumba day and I am hoping, I will be rested and feel better than I did today. Night Y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment