Google Search Results

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Short & Sweet

This is kinda sorta how my day went. I got up, let the dogs out, etc. and fixed my breakfast. I already knew what I was having. I am always thinking of my next meal, lol, especially when it comes to breakfast. That's because, I usually have dinner between 6-8pm depending on what's going on. I don't usually snack after dinner and I'm not an early riser, so by the time I get up, I am really, really, really, hungry. Being up until the wee hours of the morning, looking at food photos & talking about food, doesn't not make it any easier. When it comes time for breakfast, I'm eatin' and nothing is safe, except meat.

I didn't have a lot to choose from this morning for a smoothie, but I had enough to fix one and that was all that mattered. I made an Apple Crisp Smoothie. I still haven't gotten any ground flax and this morning I subbed peanut butter for the walnuts, not because I was out, but just because that's what I was in the mood for.

OMG.....this was soooo good. I wasn't sure if it would be or not, but it was a real treat and I may be doing it this way from now on. If you love peanut butter with apples, you have got to try it this way. I want to do some juice smoothies or some with a mixture of fruits and veggies, but I think I will have to wait until I am burnt out on the ones with yogurt & milk first. Warning: It may take a while to get burnt out on the smoothies I've been fixing.

Oopps, I said this was going to be short. Oh well, I told you, I have never been speechless. I guess it's just not possible for me. I did have good intentions. I'll just have to see if I can make the rest short.

I did a lot of snacking today, more or less. We went to Mom's, so that Dale could patch the wall in the bathroom they are redecorating. I ate plenty but I didn't eat very healthy. I more or less just snacked the day away. This is what I had.

Pea Salad (Before Mom put everything in it)

Fresh Strawberries. One of the ingredients in one of tomorrows desserts. I had a great big sweet strawberry, while coffee was making.

A big dark chocolate cake to go with coffee, topped with salty pecans. Mmm...

(Ooops sidetracked again. Back to business.)

Coffee with cake, not just cake, but cake and ice cream.

Oh and I unintentionally cut a LARGE slice. It was really yummy, but I'm talking major sugar rush. Next time I'll be sure to do a smaller slice. Luckily the coffee was decaf.

Multigrain Vegetable Eggrolls. Love.

Also had a little duck sauce with theses.

Ok that's it, as short and sweet as it gets. Maybe not short, but definitely sweet. Be sure and check out tomorrow's post to see what became of those strawberries. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment