Google Search Results

Friday, May 27, 2011

I Say Potato

I so did not want to get up this morning. I was sleeping good. I turned the air down last night and just let the fan blow across my feet. I don't like to use the fan, since it dries my eyes out, but I've gotten use to it. Don't ask me how it does this, when my eyes are closed, I just know it does. I finally made myself get up. I made a promise to myself that if I got up, I could have a smoothie. Well, I got up and realized there wasn't enough yogurt, I'm out of flax, and nearly out of fruit, but dadgummit, I promised, so one way or the other I was having a smoothie.

What's in the glass 
About 1/2 c. Frozen Banana Slices
2 Small Strawberries From The Garden
1/4 Of A Gala Apple
About 1 Tbsp. of Chopped Walnuts
1/4 C. of Old Fashioned Oats (I've got plenty of those)
1 Vanilla Wafer + Crumbs (It was the last of those as well)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Less than 1/2 C. of Vanilla Yogurt (All gone)
1/2 C. + A Splash more Milk (to thin things down)
4 Ice Cubes

It was still yummy. Mostly banana, so I was happy.

I was gettin' creative with leftovers today, trying to use up what I have. I took some leftover potato wedges, heated them in the toaster oven, while I microwaved my chili. I poured it on top of my potatoes, topped it all with chopped onions and melted some sliced cheese on top. Not bad.

It was just the right amount for lunch and I was able to finish off the chili and potatoes.

Lunch was late and so afterwards, I headed off to Zumba class. Lindsay wasn't able to go with me this evening, but I still didn't have to go alone. My sister-in-law also goes to my Thurs. class. We started doing some toning exercises after Zumba with weights and resistance bands. We also us our yoga mats. I like this too. It fun working out as a group and I feel good afterwards.

I had some fresh veggies and leftover potato salad for dinner. I tried to make it look nice with my red bell pepper and cucumbers marinated in sun dried tomato vinaigrette. I sprinkled a little paprika on the potato salad.

It looks sort of like a crab, don't you think? That wasn't what I was going for, it just turned out that way.


Since dinner was not a big meal and I didn't have any snacks today, I decided to have a Chobani lemon yogurt. It was so good. I wish it had been colder though. Have you ever frozen one and eaten it? I've thought about trying it.
I had a lovely day. How was yours? I think I'll try to get in the bed early again. I haven't done so well with that lately. I always wind up playing on the internet. I've been playing with Tweetdeck today. So far, I am liking it. I love that I can do Twitter & Facebook with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment