Google Search Results

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Half A Workout Is Better Than None

It's pouring down the rain as I type, but we had sun and lovely weather all day. I woke up planning to enjoy a Banana Pudding Smoothie. I forgot I was out of vanilla extract which sort of made it less enjoyable. I tried substituting with almond extract, but it just wasn't the same. The vanilla is really key to recipe. It really enhances the banana flavor in this. I made it a point to get some more vanilla extract today.


What's in the glass
Sliced Fresh Banana
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Almond Extract (Vanilla Extract is the best)
Ice Cubes
Good, but not great. No more subbing the vanilla.

Lunch was late. We made a trip out to get a few plants for the garden. I meant to get a photo of them, but forgot. I will post a shot of them tomorrow. Hopefully we are going to plant them then, if the weather cooperates. Right now I only have tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers, but I have a variety of each. I can't wait until we can pick them. 
Lunch was leftover red slaw from our trip to Blue Bay and scalloped potatoes from Sunday's dinner. I also had a Boca vegan veggie burger seasoned with a little taco seasoning. This was a pretty good combo.

 I just love Blue Bay's red slaw.

Those who keep up with the blog probably know, today was Zumba day. I don't have to be reminded. I went to bed thinking about it, woke up thinking about it, and thought about it all day. It's usually the highlight of my Tuesdays and Thursdays.

This is my pre-Zumba snack. I had the last of the Coffee Brownie Trifle.

This evening we found out the lady that normally does our Zumba class was sick and couldn't make it, but we unfortunately didn't find out until after we were already there. Luckily we know of another place that also has a Zumba class on Tuesday, so we hopped in the car and rushed to make it to the other class. We were about 20-25 minutes late, but thankfully they didn't mind and we went and joined in for the last half. We still managed to get a decent workout and half is better than none, I say. Have you checked out free or low cost exercise classes? Churches are now offering these.

 When I got home I was ready to eat. I had one more cabbage roll and some cooked cabbage in the fridge. I was glad for leftovers.


I have been working with Ubuntu (Linux) today. I've been working in Windows lately, because I thought it would be easier, but now that I have everything set up, I can now work from either operating system. I really prefer Linux, but sometimes it's just simpler to go with what everyone else is using. Have you ever tried Linux? Well that's my day. I hope you have a lovely day. Cya tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment