Google Search Results

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Transforming Leftovers

This morning, my first thought after waking was of course, what's for breakfast. I was out of vanilla yogurt. My choices were lemon or pineapple. Fruit choices were pineapple or gala apple, so of course I chose pineapple in both cases. I could've sworn I'd already done a Pineapple Smoothie, but I hadn't. There was Berry Banana Pineapple, Black Cherry Pineapple, Orange Pineapple, Pineapple Orange Banana, and Strawberry Pineapple, but not plain pineapple. You can understand my confusion. That's a lot of pineapple.

I did use chopped walnuts in this one, but only because I was out of ground flax.

 
 I was craving a salty snack today so I had a cup of peas, PeaCrisps that is. I love these.


I still had tomato soup in the fridge which I needed to eat, but I decide to change it up a little. I threw in some taco seasoning and had it with a grilled cheese sandwich. This is a great way to revamp some leftover tomato soup.


We made a quick trip to the grocery store this afternoon. I picked up some more vanilla yogurt and also some Breyers 1/2 Fat Coffee Fudge Brownie. This is really good. I love their 1/2 fat ice cream. I don't miss the fat at all. The only thing wrong with it, was that there wasn't enough in the bowl.

I've also tried their, vanilla bean & chocolate chocolate chip, which are awesome and I'd also love to try the butter pecan & the dark chocolate velvet. I love all kinds of ice cream and frozen yogurt, but I guess my favorite would be vanilla, simply because you can do your own thing with it. Everything goes with vanilla. What's your favorite frozen dessert? 
We also had a huge storm hit, while we were in the grocery store. There was hail that was the size of nickels in piles everywhere. It looked like it had snowed. Everyones yards where white. I almost slipped on the ice getting into the car. I couldn't believe there weren't any dents in the car. Luckily it was mostly over when we left the store. It was still raining pretty heavy, but the storm had basically passed.

I had soup again for dinner, can you tell? I used some more of my tomato soup to make pasta sauce to go with my penne pasta . I added some mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and black olives and seasoned it all with oregano, garlic, marjoram, and thyme, then I sprinkled some Parmesan cheese over it. 
 I fixed one serving of the paste. I'm not sure about the sauce, but the two together were very filling and I couldn't eat the last couple of bites. I love when I can transform my leftovers. It makes eating the same thing, several times, less boring.
That was my day, not much excitement except for the storms, but I can do without that kind. Now, I'm off to stretch and close my eyes, but I shall return. Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment