Google Search Results

Friday, May 20, 2011

Just Peachy

Today I woke up with the song "Don't Worry, Be Happy" stuck in my head. Someone mentioned it the other day and I watched the video online. I really didn't think about it anymore, but this morning there it is. I slept so well, I dreamed, not necessarily a good dream, but I dreamed and I hardly ever sleep that deeply. I didn't really want to get up, but I started thinking about breakfast and that got me going. I got up and fixed myself a Peach Smoothie


I bought canned peaches just for this purpose. I bought the ones in 100% juice, no sweetened syrup. Yes, fresh is better, but I really hate peeling peaches, which is one reason, I love nectarines, no peeling involved, just eat, of course I could have used a nectarine for the smoothie, but then it wouldn't be a peach smoothie, right? I did add a tsp. of raw sugar, but it didn't necessarily need it, but it brought out the taste of the peach, a little more. I would have used honey, but I used up what I had and haven't bought more yet.

Today is Zumba day, but I'm not feeling motivated yet. I am getting a jump start on the blog though, so that I can finish up early tonight without being too tire to think. Also the sun is out today, I am hoping that will help. 

This is the salad I had for lunch. Lunch was late. Just about time for lunch, DH decided to go to. I went along. I wanted to get some more veggies for my salad. I got a red bell pepper and some mushrooms. I decided to go to Patterson's while we were out. I got 2 big hot house tomatoes and several pickling cucumbers. The tomatoes need to ripen a little more, they were just picked today.

What's in the bowl
Spinach
Romaine
Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans
Mushrooms
Red Bell Pepper
Cucumber
Onion
Zesty Ranch Dressing

Super yummy salad, bulging out of the bowl.

Look what I found in the garden, more strawberries.

I had them for my pre-Zumba snack. I'd used part of a vanilla Chobani for my smoothie this morning. I had the rest with my strawberries and some Berry Yogurt Crunch cereal on top.
 I had a headache most of the day. It wasn't terrible. It sort of kept coming and going. I kept wishing it would just go. I went on to Zumba. At one point is was throbbing, then suddenly went away about midway through the class. I was glad.

The headache returned about the time I got home. I fixed another Gardein Chick'n Scallopini. I sprayed a little pam in a pan and browned both sides. I think they smell good when they start to brown. Lucas had fixed some spicy sweet potato fries and we'd made some slaw before I went to Zumba, so I had my patty on a toasted hamburger bun with slaw and extra slaw on the side with the fries. I normally like a little carrot and green pepper in my slaw, but DH was going to eat some and he doesn't care for it that way.

I managed to over do the fries when I reheated them, but they were still good. I love sweet potato fries. They are so much better than just plain fries.
I took an ibuprofen which didn't get rid of the headache. It finally went away, but it the ibuprofen is what did it, it took about 3 hours to work. I didn't really get this done a lot earlier like I'd hoped, between the headache and sitting in front of the tv, I'm finishing up about the same time as usual. Even though I had a headache, I still enjoyed going to Zumba. I do wish I'd felt better, but the workout was still great. Now I'm going to call it a day and get in a few stretches before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment