Google Search Results

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Smoothie For Breakfast, Ice Cream For Lunch

Well, sometimes meals don't go as planned. Today was one of those days. I slept late, which I hate, but I did sleep good. I should have started with lunch, but I love my morning smoothie, so I whipped up a cool Banana Pudding Smoothie. At least this smoothie is good for me, with things like fresh banana, oatmeal, ground flax and don't forget the low fat yogurt & milk. It just tastes so good it's hard to believe.


We had to run over to Mom's today so that Dale could fix her bathroom light. Mom and Lynda got us a blizzard at the Dairy Queen. I got a German Chocolate blizzard with coconut and pecans. I love their pecans. It wasn't as chocolate-y as the last one I had, but there were plenty of pecans to make up for it. BTW that's not my coke, lol.

The blizzard was so filling it was like a meal. I don't even want to think about how fattening it is. It will ruin the experience. We were later leaving for home than I had planned and tonight was Zumba night. By the time I got home, I had just enough time to grab my Smart Water and a handful of peanut butter pretzels before heading to Zumba class, so I guess we'll call this lunch. Oh yeah, I also had a cup of decaf to warm me up after this chilly treat.

We had a good workout at Zumba class especially since it was so hot and we were dripping, by the time it was over. I consider it a good workout when I break a sweat for an hour. If nothing else I losing water weight, of course I was also sucking down a 33.8 oz. bottle of Smart Water. They are so great for staying hydrated during workouts or whenever you are sweating profusely.

When I got home I was ready for a cool meal. Luckily I had leftover potato salad, baked beans and a great big juicy heirloom tomato.

I sprinkled my tomato with a little sea salt and basil. It was yummy!


A last minute addition of dill pickle chips. I've been craving dill pickles, but needed just the right thing to go with them. Ta-Da!!!
 Ok, so that was my day. Not the greatest food choices, but some days are just like that. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'm just going to move on to the next thing. It helps that I did exercise and I did have a pretty good day. I'm hoping tomorrow is even better.  If you'd like to see what I'll be having tomorrow, hit the scribe button on the right or if you'd like to have the blog sent to your email, click the subscribe by email link or you could also follow me on twitter to be updated whenever a new post is added. Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love to meet who's reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment