Google Search Results

Monday, May 02, 2011

Sunday Dinner And A Movie

I hope you enjoyed your Sunday and your Sunday dinner as well. My day started out with a big ol' smoothie of course. I'm still not tired of them. My smoothie this morning was an Apple Crisp Smoothie. The fresh apple taste in this cinnamon-y smoothie is what makes it so good. It's just a good thing for me that the recipe doesn't make any more than it does or I would just explode. It's always a disappointment when I get to the bottom of the glass.

What's in the glass
Gala Apple
Dried Cranberries
Chopped Walnuts
Old Fashioned Oats
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Brown Sugar
Ground Flax
Cinnamon
Ice Cubes

The cinnamon makes it sort of brown with red flecks of dried cranberry and apple peel. 
 After my smoothie, I began getting ready to go to Mom's. I always have a list of things to do before I go. Some of it things I should have gotten done the day before. I always say I will and somehow never get around to it. Maybe one of these days I will stop procrastinating and make my life easier. Running around trying to cram a day into a minute and then we're out the door.
We had a good meal today, lots of good stuff to choose from. Here's the line up:

Spiral Sliced Ham

Breaded Chicken Breast Pieces

Meatloaf

Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls

Macaroni & Cheese

Scalloped Potatoes

Peas

Salad w/ Tomatoes on the side for picky people those who don't like them.

Angel Biscuits

My plate

What's on my plate
Cabbage Roll
Mac & Cheese
Peas
Salad w/ tomatoes
Light Ranch Dressing
Black Pepper

We had two dessert choices. Glazed Lemon Pound Cake and fresh strawberries to go with it. (I didn't get a shot of the strawberries though.)

Brownie Trifle or what we call, " Da Bomb".

I had a  little of  "Da Bomb".  As if brownies are fattening enough, lol. We eat ours with coffee, cream cheese, cool whip and chocolate pudding. I brought home a piece of the lemon pound cake for later (you can see it with the strawberries then). I would forget losing weight, but I can't afford new clothes and I'm barely able to get in a few things I have.

 Dinner didn't help much either. It was good, but not very slimming. I did have a salad, but I topped it with greasy leftover popcorn shrimp. I mixed cocktail sauce and light ranch together for dressing. It was sort of like thousand island, but better.

Lucas helped me eat the last of the shrimp, so I won't have to eat any more of them.
What's in the bowl 
Popcorn Shrimp
Cucumber
Carrot
Green Pepper
Mushrooms
Spinach
Butter Lettuce
While I had my dinner, we watched a Netflix movie, The Illusionist, with Jessica Biel and Edward Norton. It was a really good movie, both Lucas and I gave it a thumbs up.





No comments:

Post a Comment