Google Search Results

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Roma Tomatoes

It was a nice warm sunny day. I'm still sort of blah today, but no headache. I had another peach smoothie for breakfast. I used a Chobani Peach in my smoothie instead of vanilla. It was even better than yesterday. I think the peach yogurt is the way to go, when fixing the peach smoothie.


Still craving peanut butter, nut butter, nuts in general. I had a handful of peanut butter pretzels while I was fixing lunch. I feel like eating peanut butter with a spoon lately. I don't know why, I just do. I'm having my second piece of gum as I type, because looking at food photos is not helping things.

I made some quick chili today, with a can of red beans and a couple of Roma tomatoes. I have a huge box of Romas. We got them from Dale's Dad. I see a pot of tomato soup in my future also. I added some chili powder, garlic and Mexican oregano. It turned out pretty good.  

 

I'd planned to have a veggie dog and slaw with my chili. I almost didn't get any slaw. I wasn't paying attention and while I was making my chili, Dale was eating the slaw. There was a spoonful left. Luckily the was plenty of chili to make up for the missing slaw. You have to write your name on somethings around here, if you expect to get any, of course the tomatoes are safe. Nobody here is going to eat them, but me. After they are cooked though, they are fair game.

I heated my veggie dog in the toaster oven. It shriveled a little as it started it started to cool. It was still good. I forgot mustard though. That would have been even better.

I just love Romas for cooking. They cook up so smoothly. My chili turned out better than I expected.
 My afternoon snack came from the freezer. I got a piece of apple cake, let it thaw a little and ate it while it was cold.
It was hot this afternoon and a cool piece of cake hit the spot.
  
I also had some lemonade. Hubert's Honey Lemonade. It's not bad, but it's definitely different. I guess it's the honey. Its a lot sweeter than I prefer.
 
I poured about a third of a glass and added water. It was good that way, plus it will last longer.

Dinner was a salad. More Roma tomato. They are large. I put a whole one on my salad. It was yummy. I added some cheese to this salad.

What's in the bowl
Romaine 
Spinach
Mushroom
Cucumber
Red Bell Pepper
Roma Tomato
Mexican Cheese Blend
Chopped Walnuts
Imitation Bacon Bits
Spicy Ranch Dressing

I've been sleeping better, but I still haven't been getting enough sleep, because I've been taking to long to get started on the blog and I wind up staying up too later, yet getting up at the same time. I took a cat nap this evening sitting up for about 15 minutes, which helped, but I am going to have to start doing things differently. I keep saying I'm going to and I never get it done. Even when I get a head start I don't get done any sooner. I get sidetracked. Well, I'm going to work on it, but it's not going to be easy. Now I'm off to stretch and jump in the bed. I think I could use a neck massage tonight. Here's a question for you. What would you do with a box full of Roma tomatoes?






No comments:

Post a Comment