Google Search Results

Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day Dinner At Romano's

This morning since it was Mother's Day and I am a mother, my gift to me was this yummilicious banana pudding smoothie. It's my current favorite, so why not. I've only had bunches of these and they haven't gotten old yet.


We were headed over to Mom's today with plans to join everyone for dinner at Romano's. As you can probably tell already, they have yummy Italian food, in a home style atmosphere. We stormed the place, with 9 adults and 2 children. Actually we called to make sure there were tables available. There were 2 other large groups there as well, not mention a few couple here and there. I bet the staff sleeps well tonight. We had them hoppin'. 

 As we walked in the door, we were greeted by the littlest chef. Lexi schmoozed him, so that we were seated quickly and at a nice table, several actually.

Here's Mom who was the main focus of today's dinner enjoying her one Sunday of no cooking, no serving, and no clean up afterwards.

Here for our dinner entertainment is Lexi modeling Romano's latest pizza dough sample, which comes in 2 styles, under the nose or......

.....over the nose.

We did get a couple of partial shots of the dinner party. The other end of the table remains anonymous.

I think they thought that if nobody was looking, there wouldn't be any pictures, lol. I manage to escape being photographed, ha, ha, only because Mom forgot her camera.

I almost ate my salad before getting a shot of it. I almost always do that. I did realize it after taking just one bite. You'd think I would be getting the routine down by now. I ate half of my salad with Romano's ranch dressing and saved the rest to take home.

I ordered the Spinach Ravioli with marinara sauce and cheese on top. It was very good and I think I liked it better than the baked ziti I had last time I was there. I ate about half of the ravioli as well along with a piece of garlic bread and most of that was before getting a photo, lol. I still managed to wind up very full. 

The kids were very good. Mary really enjoyed her spaghetti.

She was also a little camera ham today.

Stealing the show with her smile.
 

Before leaving the waitress brought all of us ladies each a beautiful carnation for Mother's Day. It was very nice.

Mine had a little heart in the middle.
After dinner at Romano's we headed back to Mom's for dessert and coffee. She and my Aunt Lynda had 5 flavor pound cake and apple cake. I didn't get pictures of them. Sorry. I barely escaped with a piece of each to take home. Both were yummy. Hopefully, I'll get pictures of those later before they're eaten.

When I got home, I went outside and cut a little grass and then down to the garden to plant a few more plants, which Dale got this morning from the flea market. I will tell you about those tomorrow, since it was getting too dark for photos. 
When I came in I decided to eat some macaroni salad that Mom gave me, along with some fresh broccoli, carrot, and Fiesta Ranch dip. I think I was still too full from dinner and cake. I didn't finish these and I'm still filling stuffed.

 I hope you enjoyed Mother's Day. I know I did, a little too much. Leave a comment, let me know how you spent the day. What was the best thing you ate this weekend? I'm torn between my banana smoothie and the apple cake.







2 comments:

  1. Yeah, we had a good time, too. We went bowling afterwards. We had a good time there too. Lexi loves bowling and Mary wanted to bowl but she wanted to go up when daddy did. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day and had a good evening as well. The kids were very good.

    ReplyDelete