Google Search Results

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Yummy Roasted Potatoes

Alright, it's another banana pudding smoothie. I just can't help it. These things are so good. I think this is my favorite smoothie so far and the vanilla extract is a must have for this recipe. This is not only a great breakfast, it would also make a great cold treat on a hot day. For those who aren't fond of the oatmeal bits in the smoothie, you could use baby oatmeal or try putting the oatmeal and milk together the night before to soften overnight. The oatmeal bit however are not a problem for me. You could also place them in a coffee grinder and pulverize them before adding.


What's in the glass
Fresh Sliced Banana
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Vanilla Wafers
Vanilla Extract
Ground Flax
Ice Cubes

 I've had such an appetite today for some reason. I really piled the salad on the bowl for lunch. I enjoyed every bite. 

What's in the bowl
Butter Lettuce
Spinach
Mushrooms
Cucumber
Carrot
Roma Tomato
Shredded White Cheddar

Awesome Salad!

Last minute additions of Light Ranch Dresing, Ground Flax, & Black Pepper, which I left out of the photos.

It was a really good day today, although it poured down rain all night and into the morning, which ruined my plans to plant the vegetable plants we'd bought. I watered them and hopefully they will be alright until we can get them in the ground. I'm always excited to get the garden going. There's nothing like fresh veggies you've grown yourself.

I always plant pickling cucumbers. I prefer them to the regular cucumbers. I got both regular and white pickling cucumbers. They are great if you make pickles and use them both together. They look very nice in the jars, even better if you make bread and butter pickles with red bell pepper and onions. It makes a lovely Christmas gift. I got both red and yellow bell peppers and 2 varieties of the green. There's a cherry tomato, a couple of Roma, and a couple of German Johnson tomatoes as well. I plan to pick up a grape tomato later.

That banana craving hit hard again this afternoon, but I cured it with a small bowl of Crunchy Banana Nut Multigrain Flakes. I found these at Aldi. They aren't overly sweet, which I like. I hate cereal that's mostly sugar.

It has banana granola clusters with the flakes. Love those.

I've really had an appetite all day. I decided to go with a heavier meal this evening. We had some red skinned potatoes I decided to use and I bought some frozen green beans to go with them. 

I decided to make Dill Roasted Red Potatoes (super easy). I picked up a package of Hidden Valley Harvest Dill dip mix to use as the seasoning. I also got the Fiesta Ranch and Garden Green Onion flavors. I couldn't decide at the time which to use. We finally decided on the Harvest Dill. I didn't really have a recipe to go by, but it seemed pretty easy to figure out. They turned out great and we all decided it was a keeper. I can't wait to do them again with one of the other flavors.
 To the potatoes and green beans, I add a salad with iceberg lettuce, cucumber and Roma tomatoes. I used the light ranch dressing again and sprinkled it with extra dill.
Well it seems I've gotten sidetracked this evening and I'm late getting everything posted. So I'll cut this short and get to bed. Tomorrow is Zumba day so I need my sleep, so I'll feel my best. Have a great night and a great day, see ya tomorrow.

 I've been thinking of improvements for the blog. I know the writing and pictures need improvement and that may take some time, but is there anything else I should add or change. 

Are you planting a garden?





No comments:

Post a Comment