Google Search Results

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Dancing With Weights

I didn't sleep to well, but I still feel pretty good this morning. It's sunny and already 73 degrees. This is the reason I need something cold for breakfast. Yesterday I had a super cold Chocolate Monkey Smoothie. Between the frozen banana and the ice cubes, it was just like a milk shake. I did leave out the peanut butter in this one.


It was thick and cold and I had to drink it much slower than usual to keep from getting brain freeze. That was very hard, since it was so yummy.

I had Sunday dinner leftovers for lunch.

Corn on the cob, spread with sweet cream butter, creamy dill pasta salad, & bean salad.


I also had a piece of the birthday cake for dessert. I was wishing I'd brought home some ice cream to go with. It really needed the ice cream. I may have to try and get some later.

I do like the whipped icing that was on it better than regular, because it's not so sweet, but it still needs ice cream.

Before Zumba, I had a bowl of cornflakes. I would have added some fresh fruit, but I'm out. Some strawberries or peaches would have been great. I just added a drizzle of corn syrup.

I just used a little milk. I prefer yogurt, but since I didn't have fruit, I just went with the milk.

We had an awesome workout at Zumba. This week we are doing some new dances. We did most of them with weights. I used 3 lb. weights. I thought it would be too much when I found out we were using them throughout most of the songs, but it turned out to be just a really great workout. We did one so that works your core muscles, which I liked. You could feel it afterwards. Most of the steps were pretty easy, it was just hard to see what they were from the back row. We like to stay toward the back, so nobody sees when we screw up, lol.

I had the last of my spring rolls when I got home. There were still a few of the spaghetti noodles in the fridge, so I whipped up some more lo mein with frozen veggies using the Asian Sesame salad dressing again. It's so quick and easy. It makes a great meal and helped get rid of leftovers.



I watched another movie last night, "That's What I Am". It was a family movie about a 12-year-old boy who is convinced he's been pushed toward social suicide when his teacher pairs him up for a project with the school's biggest reject, but the boys form an unexpected bond when bullies turn their attention to an unlikely target. I liked this one better than "The Missing". It's more my type of move. I can live without blood & gore. I like movies that make you feel good, this one does.



I guess that's about it. The rest of the evening was spent getting ready for bed. I thought I sleep better, but I was just too hot. I'm just glad I feel good this morning. I going to see what I can accomplish today, one thing being breakfast. Have a great day and I'll meet back here tomorrow. You are coming aren't you?





No comments:

Post a Comment