Google Search Results

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fruit In Every Meal

Well, it's summer and it's hot. I've been using the microwave, stove top, and toaster oven instead of the oven to keep from heating up the house. Cool smoothies are a lovely breakfast, especially when the day starts out at almost 80 degrees.

Yesterday's smoothie was an Apple Crisp smoothie. I used a gala apple for this one. I got my cinnamon fix as well.



I knew what I wanted for lunch, but I was hoping to put it together as some sort of recipe, but hunger won out. I looked for a suitable recipe, but with no luck, I chose to throw everything on a plate and eat as is. I had sweet potato puffs, pineapple chunks, and black beans with salsa.

It turned out to be a very nice lunch. I would eat this again.

My snacks yesterday were a few vanilla wafers and an off camera handful of dry roasted peanuts....

plus I had this orange creamsicle later as a pre-dinner snack. I waited just a little too long to fix something for dinner and since it was very hot, I had something cool. These are not my favorite. I prefer popsicles, orange or banana if you please.

For dinner, I decided to use up the rest of my pineapple as well as my aged bell peppers. How about Sweet & Sour Veggies over brown rice? I didn't use the veggies called for in the recipe, but I normally just use whatever I have on hand. I prefer the pineapple, bell pepper version for traditional sweet & sour. I also used onion and one MSF Chik'n Griller patty.


This was delicious and I would have liked to have eaten more, but I was too full. It was really tempting to make myself sick, but I didn't. Go me!

Well, it's time to get this thing going, so I'm done! Happy Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment