Google Search Results

Friday, July 08, 2011

A New Friend

It's Friday! ....with Thursday photos. It was a good day yesterday. I bought blueberries at Aldi. So my morning smoothie was not the usual Banana Pudding smoothie. It also wasn't a Chocolate Monkey smoothie and there wasn't any peanut butter involved. There was however a banana in there. Yes, it was my Blueberry Banana Smoothie and it was delicious. 


All purple, speckled, cold and creamy. Yummy!

This is our new friend. He has slowly adopted us. At first staying in our crawl space and sometimes in Dales shop when the door was left open. He seem to want to be friendly, but would never get close, that is until we started giving him scraps. He would get closer and closer each time. Now waits at the front door and meows/hisses if you don't stop and pet or give him food. I'm not sure why he hisses. It's like his is fussing at you. The whole time walking beside our feet, then stopping to look up every couple of steps. He now knows, "Here kitty, kitty".


He was very hard to get a picture of. Every time I would squat down he would try to get on my lap.

Yesterday was the last day for leftovers. I use to have a three day rule, but since I despise wasting food, I have stretched it to four. There are some leftovers that don't get stretched. It just depends on how they look. 

 I had leftover potatoes for lunch and a nice fresh salad on the side. The potatoes were just plain with a little butter, salt and pepper.

The salad was iceberg lettuce, spinach, yellow pepper, white cucumber, and a tiny little Roma from the garden.

There was also a last minute addition of shredded Mexican blend cheese & imitation bacon bits, then drizzled with light ranch dressing.

A little while later, I had the last piece of birthday cake with vanilla ice cream and dry roasted peanuts. The cake and ice cream still just seemed to need something. I wasn't sure what, but decided to add a few nuts. It was so much better with the nuts, just what it needed.


Thursday was Zumba day. We had another great workout, dancing with weights. The first 2 songs we did without weighs, I guess as a warm up. I was worried on Tuesday that having used 3lb. weights, that I might regret it by morning, but I wasn't the least bit sore, so I used the 3lb. weights again yesterday. We finished up without using weights for the last couple of songs, a nice cool down and stretch. I did sweat more yesterday than on Tuesday, my hair was soaked and I had to keep wiping the sweat out of my eyes. It was great. No soreness this morning either, but I do think I will stick with 3's, that is quite enough for now.

For dinner I had a chili cheese dog made with a veggie patch veggie dog, a slice of American cheese, mustard, & vegetarian chili with beans. The mustard doesn't seem to go too well with this chili. I normally use mustard with homemade chili, which goes well with it, but I'm thinking I should lose the mustard when using canned. 

I also had onion rings, baked in the oven, the ones with the whole onion, which I prefer. Lucas still like the minced version better. He has just recently started eating onion and hasn't graduated to the whole version yet. Onion rings are one of the few things I eat ketchup with. I am normally not a fan of ketchup, but I started out eating onion rings with ketchup and mostly that's how I eat them.

BTW, I registered for an account with WordPress and I'm seriously thinking of switching to WordPress. Right now I am just playing around with it, to see if I like it. I will keep you updated and possible post a link to it soon, just so you can check it out and possibly tell me what you think. I suppose that's it for today. Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy your day. Comments are encouraged.





No comments:

Post a Comment