Google Search Results

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Great Value Lean Cafe Is Not My Favorite

Hey, it's Zumba day...for me at least. I'm still feeling sort of sleepy, but I'm in a pretty good mood. It was a tiny bit cooler yesterday and this morning. We got a little rain which was a good thing. It is a little warm in the house this morning. The a/c is being weird, says it's cooler than it feels. I cleaned the filter yesterday. It's still being weird this morning, but it is cooler than it is outside.

I used the last of the flax milk yesterday when I made my Banana Pudding smoothie. I'd bought Food Lion's generic brand of yogurt before and I liked it. It used to be "Food Lion" brand, but they've switched to "My Essentials", which says it's Swiss yogurt. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but I am not a fan of the "My Essentials" vanilla yogurt. It's sweeter, I think and definitely runnier. It didn't effect the taste of my smoothie too much, but the consistency was a little different.


It was cold and yummy on a hot morning, but I think I may pass on the "My Essentials" yogurt next time.

I had my two favorite girls (Lexi & Mary), over for a little while yesterday while their Mom had a doctor appointment. Since we will be getting another grand baby before long, I will be having them over regularly. I can't imagine 3. It should be interesting. Lexi is a ball of energy and Mary is already imitating Lexi, but I think Mary has more of a temper. Right now, it's funny when she gets mad, she smacks herself, but I assume she will get over that and move on to something different.

I had GV Lean Cafe, cheese ravioli for lunch yesterday. I added cheese to the top. I forgot a picture of the box, but it didn't come with cheese on top. Lexi had spaghetti and meatballs for lunch, she saw I had cheese on mine, so she wanted cheese on hers. She didn't eat the meatballs. I don't think she ever does, at least not here. Mary wasn't interested in anything. She ate a cracker and a vanilla wafer as she left. She cutting teeth and drinks more than she eats.

The sauce on the ravioli was better than the ziti, but I believe I liked the ziti better. Some of the ravioli was under done, but it wasn't bad. The cheese helped.

After the girls went home, I had my cream filled KK donut, which I'd frozen first. These are so much better frozen, but I do wish they'd skip the glaze, it's a bit too much for me, which is why I prefer the sugar donuts.

This....well this is the little GV Lean Cafe cheese pizza or at least I think it's cheese, that's what it's suppose to be anyway. I decided to fix this in the toaster oven instead of the microwave. Needless to say, it got a little over done. The cheese was like leather. I'm not sure if that was because of being over cooked or not. I've done this to other pizzas and it was not the same texture, in fact I normally like my cheese browned a little and even the part that wasn't brown, had the same texture. I didn't like this pizza and I wouldn't want it again. I ate it, but it definitely got a thumbs down.

Great Value Lean Cafe is not my favorite, but it is edible. I guess when you buy cheap, you get cheap, but I think it may be better to make your own and freeze it. Well, gotta wrap this up. Happy Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment