Google Search Results

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Peaches And Cream

Well this morning is a little different. While I'm doing this, Dale and Lucas are sitting here watching Pawn Stars, very distracting. I've set a timer to see if I can get this posted on time. I've been slacking a little lately. I was also still a little late getting to bed, but I did sleep pretty good, just not long enough.

Yesterday I slept too late, I would have like to have said, too long, but that's not something I can say very often. After I published yesterday's post (late, sorry), I made breakfast, as usual lately, it was a smoothie. Yesterday's smoothie was a strawberry banana smoothie. The peaches and cream comes later in the day, so keep going.


I may get over this smoothie kick I'm on eventually, but for now, I still think there's nothing like a cold, sweet, creamy smoothie, first thing in the morning.

Here are a few more shots of our new friend. I call him "smokey Joe" or kitty. I think he prefers smokey, kitty sounds too feminine. He is very male, thankfully, with his scratchy meow and friendly hiss. 

He's taken up residence on my front porch since he's gotten to know us and demands attention of anyone who steps out the front door, as he circles your feet with a continuous meow, hiss, until you pet or feed him, and to think when he first arrived, we only caught an occasion glimpse of him slipping through the weeds. He didn't know what "here kitty, kitty" was and would not come anywhere near anyone. I think he's decided that not all people are bad after all.

We went to Mom's yesterday, so Dale can fix the step from her garage into the house. There is just one low step going in which means you have to sort of pull yourself up into the house, difficult for anyone, but even more so, as you get older and have bad knees. The quick remedy was a hand rail, but even with the rail it's still a task.

We also came for the cobbler, peach cobbler.

Dale was the first to dig in. I decided to wait until we'd eaten lunch.

Before lunch though, we had to make a trip to Lowe's for bricks, etc. to fix the step. We also made a trip to Walmart. We also stopped for a Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino, which I forgot to get a shot of. When we got back we all fixed a bite. I had a MSF garden burger on two pieces of everything bread.

Of course that's not all, I topped it with spinach, tomato & mayo with chips & red pepper hummus on the side.

It was very good. I hadn't had a garden burger in quite a while and I was super hungry.

I made the mistake of eating too much (dadgummit) and had to wait until later for my share of the cobbler.

We had to leave and bring Lucas home, since he's been working 3rd shift and hadn't slept yet. I snagged some of the cobbler to take home for later. Ooops, my alarm just went off, so I have to hurry and wrap this up, sorry.

My cobbler wound up being dinner, since lunch was late and I'd eaten way too much. I had peaches and cream, ice cream that is. I heated the cobbler and topped it with two scoops of vanilla.

The ice cream melted as I took the pictures.

I was yummy, especially with the ice cream, of course Breyer's would have been better. I'll know better next time.

That's it. The End! I'm clicking the publish button on time and this baby is outa here. Until tomorrow, enjoy your day!


No comments:

Post a Comment