Google Search Results

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Raiding The Neglected Garden

Good Morning! The sun is out and I assume we're in for another hot one. It sure was a hot one yesterday. I started the day off with a thick icy cold banana pudding smoothie with peanut butter. I used real peanut butter in this one and flax milk instead of real milk.


The frozen banana and the ice made this smoothie thick, barely pour-able. It piled up as the last bit went into the glass.

I decided to put a big straw in this one.

I went down to the garden yesterday. The last time I went to the garden everything seemed to be dying. Mainly the tomatoes and cucumbers, so I sort of neglected it. The grass has grown up.  I decided to go and see if everything had died yet.

There were quite a few tomatoes on the vines, but the plants did look pretty bad. I collected what was still good. 

The pepper plants were hanging full. The only thing wrong with him with them were several that the bugs had munched on.

I got a few that had turned red. I forgot to get a shot of the cucumbers, but they were looking pretty much like the tomatoes. I only got about 3 oddly shaped cucumber. Maybe I'll try amending the soil and planting something for the fall. What's good for planting in August in the South?

I took a nap yesterday which kind of took the place of lunch, but I had a pretty good dinner to make up for it. I had a black bean and pineapple quesadilla. I didn't have every thing I needed for the recipe, so I used about 2/3 can of black beans, a couple of heaping tablespoons of salsa, some taco seasoning, and 1/4 c. of chopped onions cooked with a little butter in the microwave. I mixed it all together and mashed the mixture with a potato masher.  I spread it on a tortilla, added pineapple and Mexican blend cheese, then I put another tortilla on top. I put it in a skillet and heated it until it was hot and started to brown a little. It was just as good as the last one I fixed.
I tried to avoid heating up the house too much by using the microwave, but then, Dale & Lucas decided to have biscuits, so much for that idea. Well it's about that time if I'm going to get this posted. The rest of the evening was spent watching tv. I went to bed early. Go me! Have a great day & try to stay cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment