Google Search Results

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Pasta Salad Saturday

Up this morning after a late night. I've still got lots to do today. I'll be posting 2 recipes today as well as a post for yesterday.

For breakfast yesterday I had a cinnamon roll and an apple. Fried apples poured over it would have been nice, but I didn't think about it then.

I like to warm mine a little, but Lucas just eats his cold. Straight out of the oven is best.

For lunch I swiped some of Dale & Lucas' leftover spaghetti noodles. I used them to make some vegetable lo mein. I stir fried some mixed vegetables, added some Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing, soy sauce, garlic, & ginger and I had veggie lo mein. I also heated a Gardein Chick'n Scallopini patty to go with it. I really enjoyed it.

The noodles tasted very similar to the ones you get in the restaurant. The sauce had a hint of sweetness sort of like what they serve.

I had 2 kinds of pasta salad to fix for Sunday dinner. The pics may come as an update if I don't get this post out quickly. I waited to take the photos this morning when the light is better.

#1 Creamy Dill Pasta Salad

#2 Italian Pasta Salad

I had a chocolate monkey smoothie for dinner, minus the chocolate. Yummy & delicious, I could drink it while fixing the salads and I had vanilla yogurt to use up as well as banana which, I've had to freeze a few.

This is my goodwill purchase from yesterday. Ooooh, bright yellow, right? Well, I figure the color didn't much matter as long as it would suck up man dirt and dog hair, my two worst enemies, but it would even do that.....at first.

Luckily I've been well versed in redneck engineering over the past 25 years. I figured out that since the motor did run, something had to be causing it to lose suction. It wasn't a clog, so I looked for an anything unusual and found an opening on the bottom. I Googled the model number etc. and checked it out and sure enough, there was suppose to be an access door there, making it easy to clean out clogs. Unfortunately it was missing and the part with S&H would cost another $10-$15, which I'm not willing to spend. 

I was time for some redneck engineering. I cut a sour cream lid down to fit the opening and put some painters tape on to secure and seal it. I tried it out and voila, a working vacuum.

It doesn't have the best suction, but it serves the purpose and I don't think that has anything to do with the missing door. It was after all just a cheap vacuum to begin with.
I was a couple of minutes late getting today's post out. I'm hoping the email subscribers receive their anyway, but if not, sorry. Happy Sunday everyone! If you're celebrating the 4th today, enjoy your day and be safe!!



No comments:

Post a Comment