Google Search Results

Monday, July 18, 2011

Great Day For Grillin'

The sun is out this morning and we're getting the heat of summer back after a few welcomed days in the 70's. Already at 72 it's going to be hot one with a predicted high of 90. I sleep so much better when it's cooler.

It was a hot day yesterday as well. It started out pretty much the same as today, except I felt a lot hungrier than today. I could have used a snack while of was writing up yesterday's post. If only I could get to bed earlier and get up early enough to eat before working on the blog. I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. My body keeps trying to go back to old habits of staying up all night and sleeping the day away.

For breakfast yesterday I had a Chocolate Monkey Smoothie, again I left out the peanut butter, trying to fight off any extra pounds. I'm not doing very well at it.

We had dinner at Mom's as usual. A lot of the food was prepared on the grills (3 of them) to keep from heating up the house since if was going to be a scorcher. It was a great day for grillin' and it worked out nicely. They fixed pork chops on one.

The turkey roast and chicken were done in the crockpot.

Baked potatoes hot off grill #2....
...with broccoli...

...and cheese sauce that was also in a crock for the potatoes.

Bow Tie Pasta Salad, like little plates to hold the cheese & veggies.

Corn on the cob off grill #3

Green beans and pintos 

Marinated Veggies

Sliced tomato

7? Layer Salad

Angel Biscuits

This is what I piled on my plate, corn, baked potato w/ broccoli & cheese, green beans, layered salad, a slice of tomato and a biscuit. I managed to eat most of it. My favorite part was the baked potato. I haven't had one in a while.

For dessert there was "The Bomb" as we call it or Coffee Brownie Trifle. Yum, gotta love trifles.

I think this one is super fattening, so I had some for dessert, but didn't bring home leftovers. I also had 2 cups of coffee, not sure it was decaf after last night.

The girls had a great time in the pool shaded by the umbrella. Just give Mary a garden hose and she's happy. Lexi was back and forth between the pool and the sand box.

Dinner was called on account that I just didn't feel like fooling with it. I had some Doritos and dip....

...and an apple.
I felt better about the apple, but I was just feeling tired, but not sleepy. I fooled around too long on the computer and stayed up way too late. Now I'll pay for it today. The end! Happy Monday!


















No comments:

Post a Comment