Google Search Results

Saturday, July 09, 2011

MorningStar Farms Chick'n Enchilada Review

This is one of those mornings when I wish I were still in bed...oh wait, that's every morning. Well it's one of those mornings when I would still be in bed, if someone hadn't woke me up. I stayed up too late and could not sleep for the longest time once I went to bed. Now my brain is in a fog.

I do have a new smoothie recipe. Yesterday I fixed a Very Berry smoothie. It's a combination of strawberries and blueberries. I thought for sure I'd already done this one, but I checked the recipe page and I haven't.

It's more purple-y than the Blueberry Banana smoothie and just as yummy.

For lunch I tried MorningStar Farms Chik'n Enchilada Dinner.

It doesn't look too bad as frozen dinners go. It comes with brown rice on the side mixed with corn and black beans.

I'm sorry to say that looks are it's best feature. The rice had absolutely no flavor. I assumed it would have some sort of seasoning, but it's just rice, corn & beans, that's it, or that's all I could taste anyway.

The enchilada was the worst part. It was just the opposite of the rice, it was over seasoned and mushy. There wasn't much sauce, it was sort of dried up, but that was a good thing in this case. I needed every bite of the rice to eat the enchilada. Yes, I did eat it, but only because I hate wasting food. I have come to the conclusion that MorningStar should stick to burgers and patties.

For dinner I had chili beans with sweet corn hushpuppies and a spinach salad with red & yellow peppers drizzled with light sun dried tomato vinaigrette.

The hushpuppies and pieces of sweet corn in them. The hushpuppy itself, is not sweet, but the corns is. It reminds me of corn fritters, but better. These are not mushy and not as sweet. They were perfect with the beans and salad.
Late again Ooops!
Sorry about that. I was late getting this finished up. I went ahead and posted it, so that my email subscribers might still get it in their email. I get busy typing and forget to look at the clock. I should set a timer I suppose. Well, that's it for today. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment